Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The 60-41 NL East leading Atlanta Braves win 7-1 over the 52-46 2nd place in the NL East Washington Nationals. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 3-5 Kevin Gausman and the losing pitcher for the Nationals is 0-2 Joe Ross. The 60-41 NL East leading Atlanta Braves lead the 52-46 2nd place in the NL East Washington Nationals by 6.5 games.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the starting pitching lineups for the Braves-Phillies series in Philadelphia that starts on Friday

Friday 10-1 Mike Soroka vs 8-7 Jake Arrieta

Saturday 3-5 Kevin Gausman vs 7-10 Zach Eflin

Saturday 3-3 Dallas Keuchel vs 1-5 Drew Smyly

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
So should the Braves pick up Matt Harvey on the cheap and see if they can get anything out of him?:cigar:
After the 10 days and then clearing all the AL teams followed by most of the NL until we come up....I’d claim him if he will agree to AAA Gwinnett, to get straightened out.
I don’t think any teams will claim during the waiver period and pick up that contract.

What do you think of him?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
After the 10 days and then clearing all the AL teams followed by most of the NL until we come up....I’d claim him if he will agree to AAA Gwinnett, to get straightened out.
I don’t think any teams will claim during the waiver period and pick up that contract.

What do you think of him?
I think the Braves might be able to get something out of him however i don't think he's close to what he was when he was in his prime with the Mets:cigar:

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'll begin by eating crow ... big props to Kevin Gausman, he pitched a great game and don't forget about Julio Tehren, whom I criticize regularly, awesome outing by both these guys !!
We should be feeling pretty good with the weekend split, the Nats came in red-hot and we weren't playing well and had patchwork starting pitching.
Fred, the Nats won't be easily outdone, they have a strong line-up and good pitching, they also seem like a good bunch of guys, Rendon seems like a guy with a permanent smile on his face.
Finally, I think the Braves stood up to the challenge quite well and this series should be a big confidence boost going forward ... though we still need help with our starting pitching rotation !!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. Harvey might be worse off than Folty.

Here’s a guy that is in demand, although even the Phillies might ask for plenty of cash to come with him from the Snakes of ‘Zona:
https://94wip.radio.com/phillies-trade-rumors-zack-greinke
The Braves would want a large portion of the next 2 1/2 years included in a trade.
Yeah it probably would be better to try to rehabilitate Mike Foltynewicz:cigar: I will dance in my street if the Braves trade for Zack Grienke:cool::D:LOL:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I'll begin by eating crow ... big props to Kevin Gausman, he pitched a great game and don't forget about Julio Tehren, whom I criticize regularly, awesome outing by both these guys !!
We should be feeling pretty good with the weekend split, the Nats came in red-hot and we weren't playing well and had patchwork starting pitching.
Fred, the Nats won't be easily outdone, they have a strong line-up and good pitching, they also seem like a good bunch of guys, Rendon seems like a guy with a permanent smile on his face.
Finally, I think the Braves stood up to the challenge quite well and this series should be a big confidence boost going forward ... though we still need help with our starting pitching rotation !!
With the pitchers the Braves will be facing in their series with the Phillies in Philadelphia coming up i think the Braves will sweep that series and be 65-41 going into the series in Washington against the Nationals.:)