Atlanta Braves News

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
That was extremely unlucky. Either one of those choppers could have been a double play.
But Jackson started the inning by hitting a batter. That and walks is what will get you in trouble, especially late in a tight game. I agree that the 2 hits were bad bounces but if he retires the first guy, he probably gets the save with little to no drama involved.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Here is a pick for the Braves to win it:
https://tomahawktake.com/2019/05/18/atlanta-braves-picked-win-division-baseball-reference/
————————————————————
I don’t think either of those high choppers were double play balls, at all. Jackson was mad at himself for hitting the .211 hitter with two strikes. He’s all we have, and Webb is his set-up man. Lucky to escape without having to play a bunch of extra innings.
————————————————————
Having a problem with Riley being removed for defense. Showing he is excellent for the limited time he’s played the position. Fast at cutting the balls off, great arm(starting at 3B today), gets the ball back in quickly and has judged fly balls well in the first four games. Ender has saved zero runs in his 40 game appearance. Snit. needs to show confidence and leave Austin out there. He was scouted as a Pitcher by all the other organizations first, with a hole in his swing. Braves trusted their scout and it has paid off. Might end up better than Rick Ankiel?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
https://tomahawktake.com/2019/05/18/atlanta-braves-picked-win-division-baseball-reference/
————————————————————
I don’t think either of those high choppers were double play balls, at all. Jackson was mad at himself for hitting the .211 hitter with two strikes. He’s all we have, and Webb is his set-up man. Lucky to escape without having to play a bunch of extra innings.
————————————————————
Having a problem with Riley being removed for defense. Showing he is excellent for the limited time he’s played the position. Fast at cutting the balls off, great arm(starting at 3B today), gets the ball back in quickly and has judged fly balls well in the first four games. Ender has saved zero runs in his 40 game appearance. Snit. needs to show confidence and leave Austin out there. He was scouted as a Pitcher by all the other organizations first, with a hole in his swing. Braves trusted their scout and it has paid off. Might end up better than Rick Ankiel?
Thanks for the great link(y)

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
————————————————————
————————————————————
I guess that's what you get when you play a 3rd baseman like Austin Riley in the outfield.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I'd bet that i could guess who got that 1 loss in our last 7 or 8. If Folty can find his groove today the starting rotation might be OK for the time being.
good to see Riley in action at third. Josh must have told the coach he had a "Wally Pipp" headache.
I bet 2020 will be Josh Donaldson's last season in MLB. I could see JD going to the Yankees who can use more bats in the lineup. I would like the Braves to put JD in a package to get 2020 free agent Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman.