Atlanta Braves News

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking the Braves might get a pitcher or two for the bullpen in a trade involving Julio Teheran.
I would rather trade Gausman. I also think that the bullpen has stabilized itself with Winkler, Webb, Newk, Jackson, and Tomlin. Just need to cut Venters and send down Parsons. We also need to bring Grant Dayton back up.

I do think that we need a closer though. I like Jackson, but I would like to see him as the 8th inning guy. Either sign Kimbrel after the draft or trade for Colome from the White Sox.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I would rather trade Gausman. I also think that the bullpen has stabilized itself with Winkler, Webb, Newk, Jackson, and Tomlin. Just need to cut Venters and send down Parsons. We also need to bring Grant Dayton back up.

I do think that we need a closer though. I like Jackson, but I would like to see him as the 8th inning guy. Either sign Kimbrel after the draft or trade for Colome from the White Sox.
I don't think either Gausman or Teheran will be on the pitching staff of the 2020 Braves:cigar: I would like to see the Braves trade for 2020 free agent closers Aroldis Chapman of the Yankees or Kenley Jansen of the Dodgers

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Why do the Braves have to trade Tehran? Over his last 3 starts, he has gone 17 IP with only 1 ER. There is a lot of value in a pitcher that can give you 200 IP with a 4 ERA and a .500 record. Not everyone is going to be an ace.
Sell high, as in now. They won’t want to pay 12m., with the young pitchers needing innings. The Ian Anderson’s who are potential 1’s or 2’s, don’t need their paths blocked.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Totally in agreement. Otherwise, what sense did it make the last two off-seasons for A.A. to evaluate what he has within before dealing. The Braves passed on several opportunities for proven talent according to sources.

Blevins has been outrighted. Biddle had good numbers last year. He’s still a young lefty with value. Awaiting to see if teams interested will wait the 10 days or jump to give the Braves something. Tomlin was rough last night. The only untouchable I see is Luke Jackson, and a month ago I thought he was our mop-up man? I agree that he needs to be our 7th or 8th inning guy. We need help. San Fran. has a few to give, in back end relievers.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Why not dump them both? Because Atlanta is desperate! How would you explain out-righting a guy and recalling him when he hasn’t even pitched since the release? Here’s the newest news:
The Braves are again shaking up the bullpen, selecting the contract of lefty Jerry Blevins, who’d been designated and outrighted earlier in the week after clearing waivers, to replace fellow lefty Jonny Venters, who’s been issued his release by the club. (Twitter link via MLB.com’s Mark Bowman).

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Why not dump them both? Because Atlanta is desperate! How would you explain out-righting a guy and recalling him when he hasn’t even pitched since the release? Here’s the newest news:
The Braves are again shaking up the bullpen, selecting the contract of lefty Jerry Blevins, who’d been designated and outrighted earlier in the week after clearing waivers, to replace fellow lefty Jonny Venters, who’s been issued his release by the club. (Twitter link via MLB.com’s Mark Bowman).
This is a total cluster f**k:banghead:

GT_EE78

Banned
sounds pretty dumb on the surface but i'd guess it was pre-planned to save money. There are rumors our ownership may be a little on the cheap side.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I started to laugh, Mike....then I realized you are spot on, they both spend more than us-over time!

Venters is owed the remainder of the 2.5m. It saved nothing with him. What is a few days of Blevins’ salary worth? Divide the minimum by 180 to get the daily rate.

Let’s face it, the Bullpen is messed up and throwing young starters out there hasn’t solved the dilemma.