Atlanta Braves News

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Love seeing him and my man crush embrace there at the end.

Wait, I thought I was your .... oh nevermind. I got somethin' in my eye. :cry:

Nice start for Riley, but the bigger story for me last night was Mike Soroka ... I'm inking him in on the starting rotation for the foreseeable future !!

Agreed. That dude looks like a robot (in a good way).

How come everybody hates Donaldson, btw?

They made a good point on the broadcast that the Braves are set-up well for an in-season trade to acquire whatever they need. Is that Riley's role at this point (trade-bait)? Anybody got any general thoughts on that?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Wait, I thought I was your .... oh nevermind. I got somethin' in my eye. :cry:

Agreed. That dude looks like a robot (in a good way).

How come everybody hates Donaldson, btw?

They made a good point on the broadcast that the Braves are set-up well for an in-season trade to acquire whatever they need. Is that Riley's role at this point (trade-bait)? Anybody got any general thoughts on that?
The Braves should keep Austin Riley at all costs. I think he will be another Chipper Jones.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about the Donaldson thing, maybe because he got off to a little bit of a slow start and he was really the only off-season move by Ownership and the fans took it out on him ??

IMO, Riley is going to be a keeper, but IMO, it does set-up trade bait with Inciarte, Camargo and Donaldson ...
I think Julio Teheran will be traded to somebody at the trade deadline and i think Josh Donaldson will be on another team in 2020.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Josh leaves way too many base runners, and most of that comes from hitting second in the order. Riley was subbed for defensive reasons in LF by Culberson. I don’t think Donaldson will be here next year, whether he produces(@23 m. this year, he will definitely be out of our range). If he slumps or even keeps his present numbers, he would be overpriced at 18m.(the going rate for 30 something veterans) a year. Especially when we have better value at 3B with Riley and Camargo. Yanks need bats, look at their IL/DL.

True, I think we had an off-season need for pitching. Would have rather put the investment in Realmuto, Corbin, Edwin Diaz.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Josh leaves way too many base runners, and most of that comes from hitting second in the order. Riley was subbed for defensive reasons in LF by Culberson. I don’t think Donaldson will be here next year, whether he produces(@23 m. this year, he will definitely be out of our range). If he slumps or even keeps his present numbers, he would be overpriced at 18m.(the going rate for 30 something veterans) a year. Especially when we have better value at 3B with Riley and Camargo. Yanks need bats, look at their IL/DL.

True, I think we had an off-season need for pitching. Would have rather put the investment in Realmuto, Corbin, Edwin Diaz.
I agree Josh Donaldson wont be worth the money he will ask for after the season with the numbers he most likely will put up this season.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the starting lineup i think the Braves will have to start the 2020 season.

Ronald Acuna Jr CF
Dansby Swanson SS
Freddie Freeman 1B
Austin Riley 3B
Nick Markakis RF
Matt Joyce LF
Ozzie Albies 2B
Brian McCann C

The Braves Starting Pitching lineup i would like in 2020

Kyle Gibson(free agent Minnesota Twins 2020)
Mike Foltynewicz
Mike Siroka
Sean Newcomb
Touki Toussaint

GT_EE78

Banned
Here's the starting lineup i think the Braves will have to start the 2020 season.

Ronald Acuna Jr CF
Dansby Swanson SS
Freddie Freeman 1B
Austin Riley 3B
Nick Markakis RF
Matt Joyce LF
Ozzie Albies 2B
Brian McCann C

The Braves Starting Pitching lineup i would like in 2020

Kyle Gibson(free agent Minnesota Twins 2020)
Mike Foltynewicz
Mike Siroka
Sean Newcomb
Touki Toussaint
would be nice if Tehran and Gaussman were moved on but what about friedman?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’d like to see Camargo in LF, as he has shown well out there in his brief sub-time.

Mike, do you see another year of Markakis? Sort of hoping that Pache or Waters will catch fire this season and move up fast. Nice if Contreras could elevate levels too!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’d like to see Camargo in LF, as he has shown well out there in his brief sub-time.

Mike, do you see another year of Markakis? Sort of hoping that Pache or Waters will catch fire this season and move up fast. Nice if Contreras could elevate levels too!
I think Markakis will stick around for 2020 but i wouldn't be surprised if the Braves shopped him around to see what they could get for him. Johan Camargo would be an interesting possibility at LF in 2020.

GT_EE78

Banned
I think Julio Teheran will be traded to somebody at the trade deadline and i think Josh Donaldson will be on another team in 2020.
I'd love to get something for Tehran and Gaussman before their contracts expire but our pitching is sooo bad i'd be reluctant to trade any healthy pitcher.
At this point we look like a .500 team but thats enough to stay close in this division. I'd like to sign Kimbrel and trade Donaldson for a starter. would that be enough to win this division?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is it wrong that I can't stand the Braves announcer? The guy that used to be with the Cubs (and can't stop reminding folks about it).

I hate him. I hate his voice. I hate his attitude. I hate his stupid face. Is there something wrong with me?