Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
5 pitchers in use since the 5th inning for the Bravos. Bad feeling with Cool Hand Luke already in for the 8th frame.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’ll give ‘em credit....only one walk today and it was from Fried.
As long as the Nats and Fish are horrible, Atlanta should finish no worse than third.
We are now 1/4 through with the season.
I think it's possible that the NL East Champions will have 83-84 wins. I think 84-78(Which they will be if they keep playing like they are now) could win the Braves the NL East Championship

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Austin Riley had a whopping .309/.386/.691 slash line and 14 homers through his first 153 Triple-A plate appearances. He is getting 2 starts a week in LF for Gwinnett.
Might be time to move Acuña to CF. Inciarte is hitting only .218 with 0 defensive runs saved in 290 innings.

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Austin Riley had a whopping .309/.386/.691 slash line and 14 homers through his first 153 Triple-A plate appearances. He is getting 2 starts a week in LF for Gwinnett.
Might be time to move Acuña to CF. Inciarte is hitting only .218 with 0 defensive runs saved in 290 innings.
It's time to bring Austin Riley up to the Majors:cool:

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yes, after the first loss in Arizona with the fail of the bullpen, I was also thinking the worst, but you have to give this team some credit for gritting out three close-game wins to finish the series.
As we all know it's a long season and we just need to keep hanging around until September/October.
I'm not a big Snitker fan either, but he's a players coach and they seem to love him ...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Amen, Mike!
1)Acuña, 2)Swanson or Albies, 3)Freeman, 4)Riley, 5)Markakis, 6)Donaldson, 7)Albies or Swanson, 8)McCann/Flowers, 9)Pitcher or Camargo(DH).

I like Swanson batting 2nd and Albies in front of McCann/Flowers. Both catchers hit the ball hard, but are not fleet of feet and are DP candidates with a runner on first.
Albies with his speed gives us more options for straight steals or hit/run or even breaking up the DP ...

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer

Unless the pitching improves, I think the Braves will hang around the .500 mark all year. This Arizona series was a prime example of how you have to be able to win some 2-1 and 3-2 type games. I just don’t believe this current group of pitchers can sustain that thru the rest of the season.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Unless the pitching improves, I think the Braves will hang around the .500 mark all year. This Arizona series was a prime example of how you have to be able to win some 2-1 and 3-2 type games. I just don’t believe this current group of pitchers can sustain that thru the rest of the season.

Yes, I agree, that is the concern ...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kyle Wright sent down.
Our bullpen seems to exist from castoffs, hodgepodge veterans through the waiver wire or small trades and young starters getting their feet wet in long-relief(Wilson, Wright, Touki, Gohara). Wish we would stock it with proven relievers. Not talking about broken down ones like O’Day or Vizcaino.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Agree on Venters; Thought he was on borrowed time last year. Parsons just got recalled. I’m not a fan of his, either. Blevins is gone, Biddle back up. What a surprise? Musical Bullpen.

I cringe when Carle comes in. Heck, I start getting negative around the sixth or seventh inning every game.