Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the glass half-full ... we had bad timing and caught the Rockies at a time when their offense was rolling, don't know what the record for extra base hits in a three game series is, but they had to be close, and came within one strike on Saturday of taking two out-of-three.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
... I must have missed something, where did this Webb guy come from ???
He was born on my birthdate, excepting his year was 1993. Small college in Kansas and taken in the 18th round of the 2014 Draft. Had TJ surgery about a year later. Last year he split time with Miss./Gwinnett, ERA just over 3 w/ 18 saves. During Spring Training he had a rough outing which inflated his numbers, plus we thought more proven commodities were present. That turned out to be wrong.

If Venters is really coming back, I’m not sitting in the OF seats. His sinker has turned into a stinker. Plus, I don’t have any health insurance presently. The bullpen has been directly responsible for 5 losses and several games they put out of reach by not keeping the game close. Something like 60 plus walks in less than 100 innings.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Folty-Gausman-Fried-Soroka-Tehren is a pretty good starting rotation ... if we could fix the bullpen we'd have a good shot at the NL East !
Don't forget about Newcomb too. I don't really trust him, but he has proven that he can be an effective starter. I wish the Braves would leave Wilson and Touissant in the pen. Then cut Sobotka and stash Venters at AAA now that we have Blevins.

GT_EE78

Banned

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Previous start in Gwinnett last week, Newk. walked Zero.
In my opinion, he just doesn’t trust his stuff enough against the big boys. He tries to be too perfect instead of just throwing strikes. Against AAA competition, he believes he is better than the batter, so he attack’s them and expects his stuff to overpower them.

GT_EE78

Banned
bummer that we got blown out 11-2 however Charlie Culberson pitched a scoreless 9th. maybe they're on to something?

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, hopefully over the head with our baseball bats (sic) ... currently combining good offense and good pitching has been a challenge, maybe we can get things going this weekend against the Fish !!
Sounds like we called Touki up for “Long Relief” this morning.. we will see