Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Not overreacting after Game #1, but unfortunately if the Braves don't open the checkbooks and get some bullpen help this is going to be a recurring outcome.
IMO, Julio had a quality start and this is not on him, if he can consistently do this it will be a big help in solidifying our starting rotation.
The 3-2 pitch to Franco on his 3-run dinger that broke the game open was as much of a gimme pitch that I have ever seen ... terrible !!
Albies needs to be put back to 2nd in the batting order and maybe leadoff if Ender doesn't work-out, I think Acuna still needs to be either 3rd or 4th ... too much power.
The Braves front office needs to pay Kimbrel or give him the 3rd year if that's the hold-up, and do it soon !
If they did that I would bring Vizcaiano down to middle relief and have Kimbrel mentor Minter when he comes back for the future Closer role.
We had the same number of hits as the Phillies we NEED BULLPEN HELP !!!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Not overreacting after Game #1, but unfortunately if the Braves don't open the checkbooks and get some bullpen help this is going to be a recurring outcome.
IMO, Julio had a quality start and this is not on him, if he can consistently do this it will be a big help in solidifying our starting rotation.
The 3-2 pitch to Franco on his 3-run dinger that broke the game open was as much of a gimme pitch that I have ever seen ... terrible !!
Albies needs to be put back to 2nd in the batting order and maybe leadoff if Ender doesn't work-out, I think Acuna still needs to be either 3rd or 4th ... too much power.
The Braves front office needs to pay Kimbrel or give him the 3rd year if that's the hold-up, and do it soon !
If they did that I would bring Vizcaiano down to middle relief and have Kimbrel mentor Minter when he comes back for the future Closer role.
This will be a frustrating season where the Braves hover between 80-85 wins. It sucks that the ownership of the Braves is notoriously cheap and wont even spend money to improve the team. I think the only thing that would force them to spend the way they need to would be for the attendance of Braves home games to collapse to the level of the attendance of the Marlins and Devil Rays home games.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
This will be a frustrating season where the Braves hover between 80-85 wins. It sucks that the ownership of the Braves is notoriously cheap and wont even spend money to improve the team. I think the only thing that would force them to spend the way they need to would be for the attendance of Braves home games to collapse to the level of the attendance of the Marlins and Devil Rays home games.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this, which is really sad for us long-time die-hard fans ... maybe we'll get a miracle !!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully the front office will do something to help the pitching staff and bullpen by the trade deadline or in the offseason but i'm not holding my breath