Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m good with the catcher hitting 7th, although I want Camargo to see some pitches and not tempted to bunt when he’s in the lineup(therefore the catcher would need to hit 8th in that case).

Braves are “still in” the market for veteran reliever Craig Kimbrel, according to David O’Brien of The Athletic (Twitter link). According to O’Brien’s sources, the race at this point is down to the Braves and Brewers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dansch...s-before-baseball-season-starts/#5f2ab32a1731

Corner OF, to replace Duvall:
The Braves will sign outfielder Matt Joyce, per the San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman, who was released earlier in the day by San Francisco. It’ll be the third team this week for the 34-year-old Joyce, who was released Tuesday by Cleveland after the team informed him he wouldn’t crack the Opening Day roster.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I was a little surprised to hear the news of the starters being so young breaking camp today. Makes sense that Josh Tomlin is the long man(since he is most likely out of options and a veteran), until some of the injured starters like Gausman come back. Also, easy to send the young guns with options back down when Foltynewicz and Newcomb are ready. I guess they are the best arms we have? If Julio is #1, it goes to reason Wilson and Wright are next. Is Max Fried #4?Matt Joyce is the fourth OF, unless someone else pops up better on the waiver wire by midnight or tomorrow should some teams start the season later.

Wes Parsons threw strikes, pitched well. He makes the team over Sobotka(who came in rusty/out of shape). Closer is a problem, with Vizky taken slow, O’Day on watch rehabilitation & Minter out.

Pasche goes to AA Mississippi, Alex Jackson to Gwinnett.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was a little surprised to hear the news of the starters being so young breaking camp today. Makes sense that Josh Tomlin is the long man(since he is most likely out of options and a veteran), until some of the injured starters like Gausman come back. Also, easy to send the young guns with options back down when Foltynewicz and Newcomb are ready. I guess they are the best arms we have? If Julio is #1, it goes to reason Wilson and Wright are next. Is Max Fried #4?Matt Joyce is the fourth OF, unless someone else pops up better on the waiver wire by midnight or tomorrow should some teams start the season later.

Wes Parsons threw strikes, pitched well. He makes the team over Sobotka(who came in rusty/out of shape). Closer is a problem, with Vizky taken slow, O’Day on watch rehabilitation & Minter out.

Pasche goes to AA Mississippi, Alex Jackson to Gwinnett.
Newcomb is going to be the #4 starter.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That’s great news, I guess, concerning Newk. I kept hearing about how bad his control has been, and then getting the ball up without enough velocity to get past the decent sluggers.

I might be crazier than I think I am, but I’d give Kimbrel the third year he wants. If only through a vesting option. Gosh, it’s not like Minter couldn’t use a mentor for a few years. Plus, that would be a good combo. for the last two innings. Vizcaino is going to be 29 with constant shoulder issues...Are we really going to consider extending him after this year? And my cheese has slipped off my cracker!

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm still hoping Newcomb has future star potential ... I think he does.
Totally agree with Kimbrel-Minter-Vizcaino assessment.
Opening Day tomorrow, starts at 1:05 out here, going to take off early to watch but will probably miss the first couple of innings ... per his form last year Julio was either on or off, hope we're still in the game when I get home ???

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The Braves open the 2019 season today at 3:05 pm against the Phillies. Julio Teheran starts for the Braves against Aaron Nola who starts for the Phillies. I think the hitting for the Braves will be as good as it was in 2018 but the pitching staff will hold them back. Here's how i think the NL East will go in 2019.

1)Nationals 88-74
2)Braves 85-77
3)Phillies 84-78
4)Mets 82-80
5)Marlins 58-102

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Noticed Harper hitting third, Hoskins fourth and Realmuto fifth(tougher lineup for us to face). Looks like ESPN has us on some Sunday night games the first few months (and some during the week)of the season. A little respect coming our way, from last year.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Noticed Harper hitting third, Hoskins fourth and Realmuto fifth(tougher lineup for us to face). Looks like ESPN has us on some Sunday night games the first few months (and some during the week)of the season. A little respect coming our way, from last year.
The Braves had better have a winning season or they may not be on ESPN in 2020

herb

Helluva Engineer
65A0F7FF-9C52-4116-91E1-BFA766A7C686.gif
Let’s goooooo!