Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Count me among the followers who are glad we didn’t give up three top prospects for JT Real.(Fish regard Will Stewart who was the third chip in the deal, as the Phils. #2 pitching prospect in their system)....
Reports have stated that the Bravos would have had to surrender Riley, Pache and one of the top 6 pitchers on the Farm(all top 100, in baseball). That’s 3 gems with only 2 guaranteed years for the all-star catcher.

herb

Helluva Engineer

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kazmir, Adrian Gonzalez off the books, plus Sanchez, Suzuki, etc.(so that means the Braves Brass were incorrect about spending 56 m. since the end of last season. They actually saved 4 m., as 126 m. ended the 2018 season and right now the payroll is at 122m.). Atlanta fans are angry with the doubletalk from Alex and Terry.

• The Braves were supposedly “in” on Michael Brantley. They seem to have not offered enough.
  • They were “in” on Realmuto… but didn’t offer enough (that subject was hand-waved away under the guise of not really being an area of serious need). Personally, I think it is an area of need as an upgrade or bridge to W. Contreras. Although, I wouldn’t have paid the Fish price....Ramos, Grandal, ok.
  • They were “in” on James Paxtonbut didn’t offer enough.
  • They were actually outbid on Markakis, but got him anyway.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Kazmir, Adrian Gonzalez off the books, plus Sanchez, Suzuki, etc.(so that means the Braves Brass were incorrect about spending 56 m. since the end of last season. They actually saved 4 m., as 126 m. ended the 2018 season and right now the payroll is at 122m.). Atlanta fans are angry with the doubletalk from Alex and Terry.

• The Braves were supposedly “in” on Michael Brantley. They seem to have not offered enough.
  • They were “in” on Realmuto… but didn’t offer enough (that subject was hand-waved away under the guise of not really being an area of serious need). Personally, I think it is an area of need as an upgrade or bridge to W. Contreras. Although, I wouldn’t have paid the Fish price....Ramos, Grandal, ok.
  • They were “in” on James Paxtonbut didn’t offer enough.
  • They were actually outbid on Markakis, but got him anyway.
The Braves fans need to protest by not attending games at Suntrust Park in 2019. Every Braves home game being almost empty would get the attention of the Braves ownership.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You are right on the mark, YJF2018!
I was shocked to learn of Liberty Media’s financials on the Braves. Staggering!!
I might only purchase seats on Walter’s Birthday(to pay homage to him), although I’m fairly certain he will have extra bobble heads in his collection. Not planning any other games.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
You are right on the mark, YJF2018!
I was shocked to learn of Liberty Media’s financials on the Braves. Staggering!!
I might only purchase seats on Walter’s Birthday(to pay homage to him), although I’m fairly certain he will have extra bobble heads in his collection. Not planning any other games.
I got to a handful of games every year, so I will still probably go to a few, but it pisses me off. If you aren't going to spend it on free agents, then extend some of the young guys and spend money on them. Give Albies and Acuna extensions past their arbitration years and at least show us that you're willing to spend.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I got to a handful of games every year, so I will still probably go to a few, but it pisses me off. If you aren't going to spend it on free agents, then extend some of the young guys and spend money on them. Give Albies and Acuna extensions past their arbitration years and at least show us that you're willing to spend.
The Braves are fighting it out with the Pirates to see who can be the cheapest organization in MLB.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kimbrel was in the Orlando Airport with his golf clubs. He must have run into our big spending duo, Lol! Since Boston won’t sign him, he probably went to the Shark Tank of one year deals and asked about 1 year at 15 m. They are most likely mulling it over at the Waffle House(if not, Bob Evans?). Some place they can get unlimited coffee refills for a buck each, while calling every team looking for a cheaper closer.

Dallas Keuchel for one year, 18 m.? That’s the only way they go. Draft pick surrendering makes them cringe! Won’t happen.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Kimbrel was in the Orlando Airport with his golf clubs. He must have run into our big spending duo, Lol! Since Boston won’t sign him, he probably went to the Shark Tank of one year deals and asked about 1 year at 15 m. They are most likely mulling it over at the Waffle House(if not, Bob Evans?). Some place they can get unlimited coffee refills for a buck each, while calling every team looking for a cheaper closer.

Dallas Keuchel for one year, 18 m.? That’s the only way they go. Draft pick surrendering makes them cringe! Won’t happen.
Yeah whoever the Braves sign wont be signed for more than one season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kimbrel would only cost the Braves a fourth rounder because Boston is subject to the Luxury Tax. Houston, a second rounder if Keuchel goes elsewhere.

Craig did turn down a qualifying offer with the Red Sox worth 17.8 m. for 1 year.
Dallas did too.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer