Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yankees sign Adam Ottavino. Close to dealing Sonny Gray to either A’s or Padres. Reds appear to be out. David O’Brien says Braves haven’t talked on him for a while.

GT_EE78

Banned
Wanted to get your predictions for the near future, of the Braves offseason needs?
We know they filled the second catcher slot. Added a 3B, to free up Camargo. Mainly, SP veteran, Top Shelf RP, Corner OF, are the suggested acquisitions.

My three additions:
-Sonny Gray, last year on his deal. Good road splits. Trading more I’ntl. $ to NY.
-Cody Allen(although I expect Atl. to cut Vizcaino in Spring saving most of the 4.8 m.). Chad Sobotka, will break camp and become our go to guy. Corbin Clouse, by mid-season will be up, and setting up the seventh inning.
-Nick Markakis, one year deal. We didn’t want to give up the 60th selection w/AJ Pollock signing.
has Carmago ever played in the outfield?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not in the Major Leagues. He is a very good infielder. Projected to be above average due to his soft hands and strong arm, in the OF.

With our advanced analytics, for how well we position our guys properly, Markakis found a Gold Glove last year. Ender got one, too(although he has all the defensive tools).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Cody Allen to Angels.
So much for my prediction of Gray, Allen to Atlanta this month.
I'm hoping now that the Braves bite the bullet and trade for Haniger. Give up a package that consists of Tehran, Allard, Muller, Waters/Pache, and Didder. Or you can give up Newcomb instead of Tehran and take Didder or Muller out of the trade. Haniger is worth it, the farm system will still be top 5 in baseball, and the Braves will have enough money to go out and either sign Keuchel or trade for Gray and sign Kimbrel.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Reds are negotiating to extend Sonny Gray, as that is the final roadblock in a deal with the Yankees....sending their #6, #7 prospects, plus a draft pick. You might think too high a price, but remember his road ERA was 3.21 in 2018. Not everybody can pitch in the Bronx Bombing Palace.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Inside source(friend works for them). If I tell who, I’ll probably get “bat-terd,” and then banned from future scoops.

Just because the G.M. has a Skype or Conference Call, doesn’t mean anything will get done. Not sure if they want Touki back or another top hurler? Certainly it will take two or maybe three prospects.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Inside source(friend works for them). If I tell who, I’ll probably get “bat-terd,” and then banned from future scoops.

Just because the G.M. has a Skype or Conference Call, doesn’t mean anything will get done. Not sure if they want Touki back or another top hurler? Certainly it will take two or maybe three prospects.
I would give up something like Gohara and Pache/Waters for him. If they want to throw in a reliever then I would add another pitcher like Muller or Wentz.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
MLB Trade Rumors: Joc Pederson, LH OF from Dodgers has two controllable years left.

What do you think of FA, Derek Dietrich(played at G.T.)? He’s a versatile IF/OF who bats Lefty, no compensation to the Fish? If we don’t land Haniger, Castellanos, Peralta, Pollock or Markakis.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Baseball America will release its annual prospects list on Wednesday and the Atlanta Braves will be well represented with eight prospects in the Top 100. We won’t know which prospects or what the order will look like until Wednesday but we can speculate for now.

The Braves had 9 prospects in Baseball America’s final Top 100 list for 2018 so it is going to be interesting to see what the first 2019 list looks like. Here is how things stood at the end of last season:

No. 17 Mike Soroka

No. 35 Ian Anderson

No. 37 Austin Riley

No. 38 Kyle Wright

No. 62 Luiz Gohara

No. 84 Cristian Pache

No. 90 Drew Waters

No. 98 Touki Toussaint

No. 100 Bryse Wilson

Soroka, Anderson, Riley and Wright should once again be positioned in the Top 50.

Pache, Waters and Toussaint could all make significant jumps up the list. Pache is one of the best defensive outfielders in the game while Waters was impressive at Rome before ending the season in High-A. Toussaint made it all the way to the majors last season and was part of Atlanta's postseason roster.

Baseball America will release the entire list on Wednesday.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Geez, guys.

I come here to get news from y'all, not to be giving y'all news ...
The Atlanta Braves have signed free agent outfielder Nick Markakis to a one-year deal with an option for 2020. He’ll make $4 million in 2019 and would make $6 million in 2020 if the option is picked up. There is a $2 million buyout, guaranteeing him $6 million.

Either way, that brings Markakis back to where he’s been for the past four seasons.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/braves-sign-nick-markakis-one-203243376.html

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
B.A. top 101-
Here are the Braves:
No. 29 - Ian Anderson - RHP
No. 30 - Austin Riley - 3B
No. 53 - Mike Soroka - RHP
No. 58 - Kyle Wright - RHP
No. 60 - Bryse Wilson - RHP
No. 62 - Cristian Pache - OF
No. 65 - Drew Waters - OF
No. 70 - Touki Toussaint - RHP

Markakis took less $ and terms on the length, to stay with Atlanta. Plan is not to wear him out this year, with 162 games. More rest for a stronger second half.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not likely a Braves need...
• Shortstop Yolbert Sanchez, who defected from Cuba, is cleared to sign with any team starting February 5. (Eric Longenhagen, Kiley McDaniel, Fangraphs)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm wondering who the trade is for that is 70% complete. Joc Pederson has been thrown around, but that makes little sense now with the Kakes signing unless we want a back up CF/4th OF other than Duvall. I'm hoping it's either for Realmuto or Hunter Renfroe of the Padres. Get either one of them and we would still have money to sign either Kimbrel or Keuchel.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thought it is/was Peralta, per my source. Probably not going to happen, now.

Dodgers are signing AJ Pollock.

Have you heard anything about Lucas Duda this winter?