1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Atlanta Braves News

Discussion in 'College & Pro Sports' started by MikeJackets1967, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Buzzbomb

Buzzbomb Helluva Engineer

Cody Allen to Angels.
    So much for my prediction of Gray, Allen to Atlanta this month.

2. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

I'm hoping now that the Braves bite the bullet and trade for Haniger. Give up a package that consists of Tehran, Allard, Muller, Waters/Pache, and Didder. Or you can give up Newcomb instead of Tehran and take Didder or Muller out of the trade. Haniger is worth it, the farm system will still be top 5 in baseball, and the Braves will have enough money to go out and either sign Keuchel or trade for Gray and sign Kimbrel.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  3. Buzzbomb

4. Buzzbomb

Reds are negotiating to extend Sonny Gray, as that is the final roadblock in a deal with the Yankees....sending their #6, #7 prospects, plus a draft pick. You might think too high a price, but remember his road ERA was 3.21 in 2018. Not everybody can pitch in the Bronx Bombing Palace.

5. Buzzbomb

Braves high on acquiring David Peralta from the Snakes. Stay tuned.

THWG likes this.
  6. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

Where have you seen this?? I would love it if true.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  7. Buzzbomb

Inside source(friend works for them). If I tell who, I’ll probably get “bat-terd,” and then banned from future scoops.

Just because the G.M. has a Skype or Conference Call, doesn’t mean anything will get done. Not sure if they want Touki back or another top hurler? Certainly it will take two or maybe three prospects.

THWG likes this.
  8. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

I would give up something like Gohara and Pache/Waters for him. If they want to throw in a reliever then I would add another pitcher like Muller or Wentz.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  9. Buzzbomb

MLB Trade Rumors: Joc Pederson, LH OF from Dodgers has two controllable years left.

What do you think of FA, Derek Dietrich(played at G.T.)? He’s a versatile IF/OF who bats Lefty, no compensation to the Fish? If we don’t land Haniger, Castellanos, Peralta, Pollock or Markakis.

THWG likes this.
  10. Buzzbomb

Cubs dangling Jason Heyward to play for another team? Per Fansided: Former Brave, LH OF.

11. Buzzbomb

Baseball America will release its annual prospects list on Wednesday and the Atlanta Braves will be well represented with eight prospects in the Top 100. We won’t know which prospects or what the order will look like until Wednesday but we can speculate for now.

The Braves had 9 prospects in Baseball America’s final Top 100 list for 2018 so it is going to be interesting to see what the first 2019 list looks like. Here is how things stood at the end of last season:

No. 17 Mike Soroka

No. 35 Ian Anderson

No. 37 Austin Riley

No. 38 Kyle Wright

No. 62 Luiz Gohara

No. 84 Cristian Pache

No. 90 Drew Waters

No. 98 Touki Toussaint

No. 100 Bryse Wilson

Soroka, Anderson, Riley and Wright should once again be positioned in the Top 50.

Pache, Waters and Toussaint could all make significant jumps up the list. Pache is one of the best defensive outfielders in the game while Waters was impressive at Rome before ending the season in High-A. Toussaint made it all the way to the majors last season and was part of Atlanta's postseason roster.

Baseball America will release the entire list on Wednesday.

jayparr and THWG like this.
  12. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Geez, guys.

I come here to get news from y'all, not to be giving y'all news ...
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/braves-sign-nick-markakis-one-203243376.html

Buzzbomb and herb like this.
  13. Buzzbomb

I predicted we would resign him last week. That’s getting you the news in psychic fashion. TIC!

kg01 likes this.
  14. Buzzbomb

B.A. top 101-
    Here are the Braves:
    No. 29 - Ian Anderson - RHP
    No. 30 - Austin Riley - 3B
    No. 53 - Mike Soroka - RHP
    No. 58 - Kyle Wright - RHP
    No. 60 - Bryse Wilson - RHP
    No. 62 - Cristian Pache - OF
    No. 65 - Drew Waters - OF
    No. 70 - Touki Toussaint - RHP

Markakis took less $ and terms on the length, to stay with Atlanta. Plan is not to wear him out this year, with 162 games. More rest for a stronger second half.

THWG likes this.
  15. Buzzbomb

Not likely a Braves need...
    • Shortstop Yolbert Sanchez, who defected from Cuba, is cleared to sign with any team starting February 5. (Eric Longenhagen, Kiley McDaniel, Fangraphs)

THWG likes this.
  16. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

I'm wondering who the trade is for that is 70% complete. Joc Pederson has been thrown around, but that makes little sense now with the Kakes signing unless we want a back up CF/4th OF other than Duvall. I'm hoping it's either for Realmuto or Hunter Renfroe of the Padres. Get either one of them and we would still have money to sign either Kimbrel or Keuchel.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  17. Buzzbomb

Thought it is/was Peralta, per my source. Probably not going to happen, now.

Dodgers are signing AJ Pollock.

Have you heard anything about Lucas Duda this winter?

18. Buzzbomb

Brad Brach to Cubs.

19. THWG

THWG Helluva Engineer

I read an article after the signing of Kakes where AA said they were still trying to complete that trade.

I haven't heard anything on Duda which is very surprising. He's not a flashy player, but as a starter, he would give you .250 with 20 HR. I would love for the Braves to re-sign him and have a bench of Duda, McCann/Flowers, Camargo, Culberson, and Duvall. That's a solid and deep bench.

Buzzbomb likes this.
  20. Buzzbomb

Austin Riley is expected to take up the OF this Spring in games. Might be like Acuña last year, coming up late to allow 6 years before FA, or closer to the middle of this season?

THWG likes this.