Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The $23MM salary, combined with the reported $2MM salary the Braves will pay fellow free-agent addition Brian McCann, will push Atlanta’s Opening Day payroll projection to just north of $117MM. That’s already just about $1MM shy of their 2018 mark and $5MM shy of the all-time franchise record.

1)Acuna, 2)Albies, 3)Freeman, 4)Donaldson @3B, 5)Camargo in LF, 6)McCann/Flowers, 7)Swanson, 8)Inciarte, 9)Folty.
If the Braves settle for the pitching they have now they will only win 84-86 games in 2019 in my opinion:cigar:

THWG

Helluva Engineer
How excited should I be about this Donaldson signing, guys? MlbRadio guys are very high on it and McCann (for leadership).
I'm pretty excited. When healthy, he's good for 35 HRs and 100 RBIs. He gives us pop from the right side and slides in perfectly behind Freeman. I read that the Braves are going to try Camargo in RF which would be fitting because of his arm. I like McCann for the platoon with Flowers and he also doesn't block the Braves top catching prospect who might be ready next for 2020.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Camargo makes since in LF. You want your best OF’s in CF and RF(right now that would be Ender and Ronald). I would love to see Inciarte and Tehran packaged for a power-hitting RF.

The Braves have designated lefty Adam McCreery for assignment, per a club announcement. His roster spot will go to just-inked slugger Josh Donaldson.

McCreery, 25, came to the Atlanta organization in the early-season 2016 swap that sent Jhoulys Chacin to the Angels. He has steadily moved up the ladder in the Braves system since his arrival, even briefly cracking the big leagues last year.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I really like the McCann signing, if for nothing else sentimental reasons ... many years ago at Halloween when my girls were young we got greeted at the door of a house in Gwinnett by Brian McCann and Jeff Francouer.
These guys are true to form and really good people !! ... glad McCann has the opportunity to end his career as a Brave !!
On the Donaldson signing, looks good but I really hope the Braves give Camargo a shot in the OF ... he's earned it !!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I really like the McCann signing, if for nothing else sentimental reasons ... many years ago at Halloween when my girls were young we got greeted at the door of a house in Gwinnett by Brian McCann and Jeff Francouer.
These guys are true to form and really good people !! ... glad McCann has the opportunity to end his career as a Brave !!
On the Donaldson signing, looks good but I really hope the Braves give Camargo a shot in the OF ... he's earned it !!
I think Austin Riley will be the Braves starting 3rd baseman in 2020 when Josh Donaldson goes somewhere else for more money after the 2019 season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Camargo is a good fielder at 3B & SS, so it looks good on paper to have him as a super sub., which could still give him 500-600 AB’s with the OF transition. I still think they add a Markakis for platooning or even more if Inciarte is dealt?

Imagining the price on Madison Bumgarner is too high with young pitching in return. He lost his velocity a few years ago, and hasn’t responded over 92 mph.
He’s more of a back end of the rotation guy. Always loved the Braves, however A.A. is no chump when it comes to sentiment. I still like Diaz in trade with Seattle, who need young starters, over Kimbrell(who the experts think is due for a downturn).

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It's very sad news that Gwinnett Stripers Manager Jose Mota died in his sleep on November 7th:( My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Former Cubs and Braves catcher Damon Berryhill is the new Manager of the Gwinnett Stripers

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
After Cyber Monday for the Braves, Tuesday had the Phillies hot on the trail of Patrick Corbin(would be a huge get for them, with three front line starters).