Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
upload_2018-11-22_8-44-45.png

I’m guessing #9, #11, will be non-tendered?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You Braves fans either have 1)A life, 2)Turkey tryptophan comatose overdose or 3)Both of the above(excluding myself and Mike Jackets ‘67, of course):

Ray-Patrick Didder among Baseball America’s top 5 Rule-5 Draft targets
The Braves elected to not place utility man Ray-Patrick Didder on the 40-man roster and thus will expose him in the Rule 5 Draft. Baseball America lists Didder among five players who are candidates to be taken thanks to his versatility.

Atlanta reportedly interested in an early stocking stuffer with Edwin Diaz, Seattle closer?

Happy Braves-giving!!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
You Braves fans either have 1)A life, 2)Turkey tryptophan comatose overdose or 3)Both of the above(excluding myself and Mike Jackets ‘67, of course):

Ray-Patrick Didder among Baseball America’s top 5 Rule-5 Draft targets
The Braves elected to not place utility man Ray-Patrick Didder on the 40-man roster and thus will expose him in the Rule 5 Draft. Baseball America lists Didder among five players who are candidates to be taken thanks to his versatility.

Atlanta reportedly interested in an early stocking stuffer with Edwin Diaz, Seattle closer?

Happy Braves-giving!!
Edwin Diaz woul be a very nice additon to the bullpen:cool:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We could use a LHSP:
The Seibu Lions of Japan’s Nippon Professional Baseball have announced that they will post ace Yusei Kikuchi for Major League teams in early December (English-language link via the Japan Times). The negotiating window for the 27-year-old left-hander will begin on Dec. 5.

30 teams will have 30 days to negotiate with Scott Boros.
Like i earlier said if the Braves don't have any high profile signings they will win 85-86 games and finish 2nd in the NL East and Brian Snitker will be fired in my opinion.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Sonny Gray, who pitched so poorly in Yankee Stadium this past season, is prime trade bait per Nick Cafardo. A’s, Padres, Rangers, Twins, Braves are all in on him.

IMO, Tehran is about equal value. Matt Swartz projects the 29 y.o. Gray to get 9.1 m.
Clearly a one year rental and fits with Atlanta trying to bridge the innings gap until the younger arms are ready. Rumors have Sanchez wanting a multi-year pact.

What about Julio for Sonny, would you do it?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Sonny Gray, who pitched so poorly in Yankee Stadium this past season, is prime trade bait per Nick Cafardo. A’s, Padres, Rangers, Twins, Braves are all in on him.

IMO, Tehran is about equal value. Matt Swartz projects the 29 y.o. Gray to get 9.1 m.
Clearly a one year rental and fits with Atlanta trying to bridge the innings gap until the younger arms are ready. Rumors have Sanchez wanting a multi-year pact.

I probably would go for that even though it sounds like a parallel move

THWG

Helluva Engineer

No. I like Julio more than Sonny. Julio had one of the lowest opponent BAs in the league and he really just needs to limit his walks next year. We all know that he is going to give up his fair share of home runs though. I would only trade Teheran if he was a piece in a trade for an ace, shutdown closer, or a corner OF.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I see your points.
Gray had a 3.17 era away from N.Y., this past season.
I was reading how A.A. might be rebuked in trading for aces, since the other teams want our key prospects and several of them at that. Free Agent starters all desire long-terms. My only thinking was, a change of scenery for Tehran and Gray. Haven’t seen any writer suggest it yet or any solid rumor concerning such a move. I wouldn’t imagine the Yankees wanting international pool money or lower level prospects for S.G.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves sign Brian McCann to a one-year, hometown discount, contract.
Platoon with Tyler Flowers.
Two weeks until Winter Meetings...Rule 5 Draft.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Braves sign Brian McCann to a one-year, hometown discount, contract.
Platoon with Tyler Flowers.
Two weeks until Winter Meetings...Rule 5 Draft.
I actually like this signing. He comes cheap and makes for a good righty-lefty platoon mate for Flowers. It's also being reported that the Braves are close to signing Donaldson to a one-year deal. He can bring some real pop to the lineup and allow us to use Camrgo or Swanson as super utility players. Another important thing that these moves do is leave us a lot of money to go after an ace, relief pitcher, and corner outfielder.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I actually like this signing. He comes cheap and makes for a good righty-lefty platoon mate for Flowers. It's also being reported that the Braves are close to signing Donaldson to a one-year deal. He can bring some real pop to the lineup and allow us to use Camrgo or Swanson as super utility players. Another important thing that these moves do is leave us a lot of money to go after an ace, relief pitcher, and corner outfielder.
I hope you're right,THWG(y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Talking with team Brian Harper. If they were to outbid the others for B.H., there would leave nothing for Pat. Corbin or Craig Kimbrell or Edwin Diaz or Kelvin H.?

At least Donaldson is only one year. That’s the path we are taking, it looks like. Build one season fill-ins, for 2019 and keep developing talent for the long haul.

We will still have Bruce Sutter on payroll into the next decade. Guessing he is still alive or has an estate, Lol!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced Monday that they’ve designated left-hander Ricardo Sanchez for assignment in order to open a spot on the roster for Brian McCann, whose return to Atlanta is now official.

Atlanta originally acquired Sanchez, now 21, back in the 2015 deal that sent third baseman Kyle Kubitza to the Angels. While the lefty ascended to the Double-A level for the first time this past season, he managed just a 4.06 ERA a 44-to-24 K/BB ratio in 57 1/3 innings at that level in 2018. In parts of five minor league seasons, Sanchez has a 4.48 ERA with 8.1 K/9 against 4.1 BB/9 in the minors.

Guessing we will cut another spot open for J.D.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The $23MM salary, combined with the reported $2MM salary the Braves will pay fellow free-agent addition Brian McCann, will push Atlanta’s Opening Day payroll projection to just north of $117MM. That’s already just about $1MM shy of their 2018 mark and $5MM shy of the all-time franchise record.

1)Acuna, 2)Albies, 3)Freeman, 4)Donaldson @3B, 5)Camargo in LF, 6)McCann/Flowers, 7)Swanson, 8)Inciarte, 9)Folty.