Assistants from Temple

stech81

Helluva Engineer
From what I heard, neither Ron West or Mike Sewak will be retained
th

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Lol no it won’t. Might as well hired KW if bring Godsey in as OC which i highly doubt. On top of that, have you watched the Lions offense this year?! Eye sore

He’s QB coach. The Lions have been an issue long before Godsey arrived.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That's a shame but shouldn't be unexpected. Whenever he's spoken on the topic he's said language which would suggest the Temple coaches would be coming down. Never spoke as if anyone would be kept.

On Andy Mc ... I mean, he's not known nationally as a great coach necessarily. I imagine our affinity for him is due to proximity and familiarity. There are certainly other guys out there better. We'll be all right.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
strike one

I would have keep Andy McCollum

How many does he get, stech81? Is it the standard 3 strike rule? I agree that keeping a couple of the more popular recruiters would have seemed like a no brainer. I was frustrated with CPJ at times, if I believed loyalty meant more than performance, and I will be very, very frustrated with CGC if loyalty to his "people" is more important than having the best possible candidate fill the assistant roles. I am not saying he will do that, but if he just brings everyone from Temple, basically, that would mean he sees them as the "perfect" fit, and I doubt that is true.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn’t call it a strike. I personally think he should’ve been retained but then again I’m just a fan. The players seemed to absolutely love the guy though.