Assistants from Temple

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Why does everyone like Thacker? He was a position coach at Kennesaw two years ago and only has 1 year of DC experience in his career.

Great recruiter or something?
Yes. Specifically because we know CGC made his name being a very good DC and is very hands on with the Defense meaning the actual DC is a game prepper and recruiter instead of being in charge of the whole defense. Since that’s the case I’m far more forgiving of the coaching resume and far more interested in the recruiting resume.

The exact opposite for our OC since the O will be basically theirs to run.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this is a little off the subject, but I really do hope he keeps DMo. I believe DMo may be one of the best in the country at what he does for GT football. (Chaplain, Role Model, and encourager)
I would be surprised if CGC didn’t want to keep DMo. It seems like his attitude and encouragement is a good fit with the culture CGC wants to establish.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
TBH, I'm not sure I'd want Godsey as our OC. He's only been an OC 2 years, and that was under Bill O'Brien who's a notorious control freak about his offense...which means it was really BOB's offense, and not Godsey's. I won't judge his OC body of work with the Texans as there was extenuating circumstances that limited him there, but the rest of his resume doesn't really impress me if we're being subjective about it. Everywhere else he's been it's been as a position coach. He also hasn't been part of the college game since 2010.

I want an innovator that's shown he can develop talent, and produce on the field. Obviously we all have a special place for Godsey as that dude was probably Friedgen's version of Tevin Washington...someone who made the most of his limited physical talents. The guy could play QB. It's possible that he's evolved his offensive philosophy since the Texans. I'd still be nervous about him as our OC though.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
TBH, I'm not sure I'd want Godsey as our OC. He's only been an OC 2 years, and that was under Bill O'Brien who's a notorious control freak about his offense...which means it was really BOB's offense, and not Godsey's. I won't judge his OC body of work with the Texans as there was extenuating circumstances that limited him there, but the rest of his resume doesn't really impress me if we're being subjective about it. Everywhere else he's been it's been as a position coach. He also hasn't been part of the college game since 2010.

I want an innovator that's shown he can develop talent, and produce on the field. Obviously we all have a special place for Godsey as that dude was probably Friedgen's version of Tevin Washington...someone who made the most of his limited physical talents. The guy could play QB. It's possible that he's evolved his offensive philosophy since the Texans. I'd still be nervous about him as our OC though.

We must have an "unpredictable innovator" - agreed.