Assistants from Temple

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
While some may be disappointed by the staffing changes, I thoroughly believe that this is a good thing. Let Coach Collins bring in who he feels will give Tech the best chance to succeed. It would be a disservice to hire a coach and then impose restrictions on who his staff will be, who he can hire, who he must retain, etc. While I am personally disappointed to see a few of the coaches depart, I recognize that this is simply the way the business goes. I wish these coaches good luck in their future endeavors, and thank them for all they've done while they've been here on the Flats

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’m surprised other people are surprised. It’s a regime change.

Well that's just because you're a big meany. :grumpy:

Seriously though, it's just 'change'. No one's totally comfortable with it. These coaches have been here for years so we naturally have an affinity for them.

The reality is there are many guys out there who are capable of doing better for us. Just a fact.

Expect similar outrage from the fanbase if I'm not named 'get-bak' coach in the next week or so. Jussayin'. :cigar:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
While some may be disappointed by the staffing changes, I thoroughly believe that this is a good thing. Let Coach Collins bring in who he feels will give Tech the best chance to succeed. It would be a disservice to hire a coach and then impose restrictions on who his staff will be, who he can hire, who he must retain, etc. While I am personally disappointed to see a few of the coaches depart, I recognize that this is simply the way the business goes. I wish these coaches good luck in their future endeavors, and thank them for all they've done while they've been here on the Flats

As a self-appointed'reading between the lines' expert, this is the most interesting part of your post. Hmmm, which ones is he not disappointed to see depart? :shifty:

Kidding, kidding ... I agree with your sentiment.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Expect similar outrage from the fanbase if I'm not named 'get-bak' coach in the next week or so. Jussayin'. :cigar:

I’m pissed just thinking about it, and I don’t even know what a ‘get-bak’ coach is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slugboy

Staff member
LMAO. I've known about the "get back coach" but I've never seen that second video. Amazing.
It really shows what we're up against. I've been checking, and we're 65th out of 65 P5 teams in get-back coaches. Worse yet, we're behind a bunch of the G5 schools in get-back coaches too. CPJ was an old-school coach and expected coaches to get back on their own, which shows how out of touch he became with how the game has evolved.
I hear that not only is Collins bringing a get-back coach, but he's also got a get-down coach and a DJ. It's a new world.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There was an article that I read last week, wish i could remember where, that looked at ACC coaching changes and how many assts from the previous staff were kept.
In every case it was 0 or 1, except Fuentes at VT kept three because he kept Bud and a couple of guys Bud liked.

I don't see this meaning he is bringing his whole staff from Temple, I actually think that is unlikely. More likely is that he brings half or a little more of his staff from Temple and fills out with other coaches that he knows from his coaching stops in the SE.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
It really shows what we're up against. I've been checking, and we're 65th out of 65 P5 teams in get-back coaches. Worse yet, we're behind a bunch of the G5 schools in get-back coaches too. CPJ was an old-school coach and expected coaches to get back on their own, which shows how out of touch he became with how the game has evolved.
I hear that not only is Collins bringing a get-back coach, but he's also got a get-down coach and a DJ. It's a new world.

:LOL:

At least he’s not bringing a holla-back coach. I don’t know what that is but I know we don’t need one.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Listen ... I don't know who you are and I don't know where you came from but .. this post is some high-level high-levelry.

Consider yourself nominated for the open assistant to the 'get-bak!' coach position.