Assistants from Temple

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Austin Peay should hire Andy McCollum as their next head football coach(They interviewed Tee Martin and he pretty much laughed at them):cigar:

Have you been to Austin Peay? I don’t see him taking that step backwards. I hope CGC keeps him. He would be a great bridge that would not be tied into the offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually wonder if assistant coaches will be named prior to the bowl games. In fairness, both staffs should be preparing for their respective games and discussions about employment after the game may be 'taboo' at this time.

Believe me they are already talking, if not with coach Collins ...... somewhere.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I know he was our/currently is our AB coach....Lamar Owens. Fine recruiter, bridges the gap and can coach special teams; Naturally we need to field the ST with athletes-and thankfully we now have a HC who believes in putting our best players on them.
He has made reference to that is how they most likely start out in the NFL, for those realizing that individual dream.

Nathan Burton, is a definite in the secondary for DB’s/Safties.

slugboy

Staff member
I don't know how to "like" the previous post. It's important that we get some new coaches in, but a lot of our current coaches have been, well, fixtures here for 11 years. That's a lot of your lifetime to put into a place. (Even the coaches that weren't fan/board favorites, to say the least). It'll be a tough day for them and their families, even if they bounce back somewhere else.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Speculation but I’m hearing fromTemple will be Patenaude, Hixson, Thacker, Knight, Burton. I think Andy Mac stays and maybe one more. Heard several past GT guys as possible like Key and Choice. I’d say Key is a long shot though unless he gets a bigger title

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thacker, IMO, is a must have from Temple's staff.

I hope we keep Andy Mac. I would love to see him work with the offensive/defensive/and "NFL centric" systems CGC is pumping. He's already done well for us, but I think he could be even better.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't know how to "like" the previous post. It's important that we get some new coaches in, but a lot of our current coaches have been, well, fixtures here for 11 years. That's a lot of your lifetime to put into a place. (Even the coaches that weren't fan/board favorites, to say the least). It'll be a tough day for them and their families, even if they bounce back somewhere else.

Very true. But it’s the nature of the profession they chose. The new guy deserves to bring in or retain whoever he wants despite any fan approval or disapproval.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Why does everyone like Thacker? He was a position coach at Kennesaw two years ago and only has 1 year of DC experience in his career.

Great recruiter or something?