Assistants from Temple

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anyone want to make any guesses on which assts from Temple end up following him after bowl season.

Looking at the coaching roster I think the defensive coaches are more likely than the offensive ones.

On Defense
Andrew Thacker - Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers coach. Cartersville, GA native. Played at Furman.
Has worked at OK ST, UCF, Atlanta Falcons and Kennesaw ST

Nate Burton - Defensive Backs, Ga Native, GT grad. Grad Asst at GT. Coached at TN-Martin, Shorter, West Alabama, NC ST

Larry Knight - Outside LB/Recruiting Co-ordinator, Augusta, GA native. Grad asst Cincy, coached at GA St, TN.

Jim Panagos - Asst HC - Defense, Defensive Line, Run game Coordinator. Brooklyn native played at MD. Coaching stops include MN Vikings, UCF (2009 Football Scoop DL Coach of the Yr), Rutgers, Pitt

I feel like Burton is a no-brainer. I'd sort of expect Thacker to be coming to, though whether as DC is another matter.
I could see Knight as well.

I think Panagos could come down to whether we keep McCollum.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I actually wonder if assistant coaches will be named prior to the bowl games. In fairness, both staffs should be preparing for their respective games and discussions about employment after the game may be 'taboo' at this time.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I feel like Paganos won't be coming. Hopefully we get David Turner from UTSA for D-Line. Coached at A&M and Mississippi State before that with Collins.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I will be very surprised if Andy Mac stays. After not getting an interview, I could see him moving on to somewhere else. He is highly regarded as a recruiter and I could see all the top programs going after him.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
550BD364-66FA-431A-ADED-9FEAD48A293C.jpeg

Yomanser

Recruiting Insider
Retired Staff
I will be very surprised if Andy Mac stays. After not getting an interview, I could see him moving on to somewhere else. He is highly regarded as a recruiter and I could see all the top programs going after him.
Coach McCollum told me personally that he loves it here and he hopes to stay

Not sure who we add, but I hope to keep McCollum and Jerome Riase. CAM for his recruiting prowess and Riase forhis coaching- the DL was surprisingly pretty good this year.
If we keep anybody from the current staff, beyond Andy McCollum, Coach Riase is my very next pick. I got the opportunity to see him teach firsthand, and he might be the single best position coach Tech currently has

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Coach McCollum told me personally that he loves it here and he hopes to stay

If we keep anybody from the current staff, beyond Andy McCollum, Coach Riase is my very next pick. I got the opportunity to see him teach firsthand, and he might be the single best position coach Tech currently has
Austin Peay should hire Andy McCollum as their next head football coach(They interviewed Tee Martin and he pretty much laughed at them):cigar: