Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Interesting questions being asked about Will Wade at LSU following the inadmissable revelations involving him ...

https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/10/will_wade_needs_to_come_clean.html

.. there's a couple other SEC schools that have 'suddenly' become hoops prospect magnets.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-ls...rutiny-ncaa-recruiting-tactics-011522122.html

Well looks like the NCAA was looking into him earlier but of course have taken no action. I'm sure they won't do anything about what they're uncovering now either.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Isn't this part of the onboarding process for LSU coaches?? Paying Players 101.

This predates Wade though.. Think back to 2014 and Antonio Blakeney - the kid that clipped Louisville.

Below is an excerpt from a Bleacher Report article written September 4, 2017 - a little foreshadowing of things to come???

When the swoosh calls, high school basketball players listen.

That's what we found out this week when news broke that Antonio Blakeney was taking back his verbal commitment from Louisville and reopening his recruitment—first reported by ESPN.com. Shortly afterward, 247Sports.com recruiting analyst Jerry Meyer tweeted out the reason why it happened.

upload_2018-10-18_15-35-47.png

Meyer had already known it was going to go down before the news broke. And get this, someone inside of Nike told him. It was quite simple. Blakeney plays for a Nike grassroots team, Each 1 Teach 1 (E1T1), and Nike was not happy that he had decided to go to an Adidas school. That was relayed to Blakeney, and Nike has enough pull with him or the people around him that he chose to listen.

In other words......$$$$ talks and bull**** walks!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wow, I got nuked for calling head Dookie a weasel ****. I’ll challenge anyone to dispute that is inaccurate.

I did too. Lot of talk in a lot of places before all this went down that Coach K was up to something. You don't go from signing basketball choir boys, to stacking your roster with 5 star guys who barely get out of HS overnight

Coach K is just better at burying the trail. All the skeletons will come out eventually.

Unbelievable how we lose an assistant permanently over an indescretion, but Duke has a basketball players parents living in a neighborhood with million dollar homes and no asks questions.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Checking back here on quarterly basis....

So no new convictions, indictments, or sanctions...( I could barely type sanctions for laughing at the absurdity of that notion)

I think checking quarterly for updates is over doing it. I’ll check back again in 2024.

slugboy

Staff member
Checking back here on quarterly basis....

So no new convictions, indictments, or sanctions...( I could barely type sanctions for laughing at the absurdity of that notion)

I think checking quarterly for updates is over doing it. I’ll check back again in 2024.

Getting ready for the first trial to go to the jury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

Coach K et al are like Lance Armstrong. All the signs were there but everyone wanted to believe they were clean. But they just had developed the most sophisticated ways to avoid scrutiny. It comes down when people on the inside squeal, which is what is starting to happen now. But it’s still early. The NCAA needs to care too. Lance tried to corrupt USADA, but it only gets you so far.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Is anyone else starting to feel like the uneven playing field of college athletics in general and college basketball in particular really makes the game less interesting? I now know when Duke or Kansas or Kentucky (or Oklahoma State or Arizona....and on) Play that I am watching semi-professionals bought and paid for. I suspected issues before, but the cheating that has been exposed has really, really bothered me. How can anyone really expect a good guy (or a good school) to compete?