Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It's the engineer in me. I have this idea things/people/Emmert should be productive. I should know better I know but being a half full kind of guy, I still hold out hope.

His main job is public relations and he is awful at public relations. The member institutions run the NCAA and purposely limit its power. When Emmert tries to assert himself he breaks his organization's own rules (eg. Penn State). It would be difficult to be worse at his job.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Maybe but will say bama had been on him for years. Longer than tech. Think a lot of the blue bloods were after him too?
Guessing bama is a nike school? I don't doubt there are plenty of bama boosters with bags of cash though.

I get that relationships are important in recruiting. It's probably the most important thing. But it's not everything. Remember Nas Little? We were on him way before the blue bloods knew how to spell Nassir. Heck, Papa Little was all over this board telling everyone how much Nas and family LOVED GT and our staff. Didn't end how we wanted.

Point is, if I remember correctly, it was a pretty respected poster that said Sexton and his parents were Pastner's office the weekend before he committed and told the staff he was coming to GT...then 'Bama happened.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/guys-k...deral-corruption-trial-fallout-144438938.html

What would be the line of delineation to fire a coach? One Power Five athletic director who spoke to Yahoo Sports on condition of anonymity broke it down to two levels. If there’s an accusation under oath, he said he’d likely bring in outside lawyers to independently investigate and attempt to corroborate. “But if my coach is on wiretap talking about paying players? I fire him.”

This bit is new and is news to me ....

One summer rule change could accelerate the NCAA’s ability to act in scandal-related investigations: importation. It basically gives NCAA Enforcement the right to “import” information from other investigations without having to independently confirm it themselves. Simply put, can the FBI do the NCAA’s work for it?

It remains unclear what evidence the NCAA would be able to import from this trial, and the process of determining that could be arduous. The NCAA membership has long called for faster investigations, but legal challenges to importation would snarl a process meant to expedite the disposition of cases.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Love how the assistant coaches get the blame.....plausible deniability lol. I don't understand why they don't rollover on miller, Pearl, etc?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I get that relationships are important in recruiting. It's probably the most important thing. But it's not everything. Remember Nas Little? We were on him way before the blue bloods knew how to spell Nassir. Heck, Papa Little was all over this board telling everyone how much Nas and family LOVED GT and our staff. Didn't end how we wanted.

Point is, if I remember correctly, it was a pretty respected poster that said Sexton and his parents were Pastner's office the weekend before he committed and told the staff he was coming to GT...then 'Bama happened.

Well, the relationship changed when our coaching staff changed

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
So is jahvon quinerly eligible to play for nova this year? I thought he had taken money from book richardson. Anyone know the story on this?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Creighton....CREIGHTON is paying $100K for recruits?!

Crazy, right?

So is jahvon quinerly eligible to play for nova this year? I thought he had taken money from book richardson. Anyone know the story on this?

I'm watching this and the kid at Kansas. Likely the uNCAA will say they're following the FBI suggestion to hold off on investigating sanctions but we'll see.

Deleted member 2897

Today the NCAA read all about the fraud trial and the millions being paid to players all over the country...then yawned, rolled over, and went back to bed. The NCAA can kiss my white rear end.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Today the NCAA read all about the fraud trial and the millions being paid to players all over the country...then yawned, rolled over, and went back to bed. The NCAA can kiss my white rear end.

Would you feel better if Emmert came out with a press conference talking about what they were doing?

:eek: :ROFLMAO:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I know I shouldn't be upset about this anymore but it's just galling when you're a fan of a team that (presumably) doesn't flatout pay guys and suffer because of it: