Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have said all along that I don't understand from the indictments what legal statutes were supposed to have been broken. NCAA rules yes. Federal law? I haven't seen anything.

I wanted you to be wrong. I still do. No offense intended. Well, maybe a little offense intended. :D

Anyway, I just don't see it either. I still hold out hope that there's some angle on this we're not seeing.

Considering everybody not named Pitino is pretty much making out like bandits in this whole thing, when does the media start mocking the folks who brought the charges and grandstanded as if they'd just caught Bin Laden or something?

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
when does the media start mocking the folks who brought the charges and grandstanded as if they'd just caught Bin Laden or something?

I’m afraid the media is only likely to mock if the folks who brought the charges are named “Donald.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I wanted you to be wrong. I still do. No offense intended. Well, maybe a little offense intended. :D

Anyway, I just don't see it either. I still hold out hope that there's some angle on this we're not seeing.

Considering everybody not named Pitino is pretty much making out like bandits in this whole thing, when does the media start mocking the folks who brought the charges and grandstanded as if they'd just caught Bin Laden or something?
News flash: Bin Laden still dead.

Deleted member 2897

Why do I feel the ncaa will do nothing, even if it's proven in court that Oregon was trying to pay players ?

Brian Bowen is one of the more tainted college players in recent history. And even then, after leaving Louisville ($100,000 payment), South Carolina offered him in with open arms. When you (South Carolina) blatantly thumb your nose at the rules and at players who are tainted like that, it shows you have no fear of the NCAA whatsoever.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Brian Bowen is one of the more tainted college players in recent history. And even then, after leaving Louisville ($100,000 payment), South Carolina offered him in with open arms. When you (South Carolina) blatantly thumb your nose at the rules and at players who are tainted like that, it shows you have no fear of the NCAA whatsoever.

What did South Carolina have to lose? If he s further implicated he leaves school. If he is cleared they gain a five star guy.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I have said all along that I don't understand from the indictments what legal statutes were supposed to have been broken. NCAA rules yes. Federal law? I haven't seen anything.

Embezzlement must be on the table, correct? Creating false invoice to get your hands on cash is kind of the definition isn’t it?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That wasn't in the Gatto indictment. His indictment was for: allegedly defrauding Louisville by paying an athlete to attend Louisville, money laundering to cover the alleged fraud(which is only illegal if there is fraud), and conspiracy to commit the alleged fraud. At least in my un-legally-educated mind the whole question is whether Gatto committed tangible fraud against the university by complying with requests from people in charge of the scholarships that were allegedly defrauded to make payments to athletes. I don't understand how anyone could argue with a straight face that Gatto's circumstance was actually a case of fraud.