Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Something that could also change the landscape of college basketball, at least in the immediate picture: NCAA allowing the basketball players at the teams affected by the FBI investigation to transfer without sitting out. They did it with Penn State with the Paterno debacle. I believe they're doing it with Ole Miss football players as well.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Something that could also change the landscape of college basketball, at least in the immediate picture: NCAA allowing the basketball players at the teams affected by the FBI investigation to transfer without sitting out. They did it with Penn State with the Paterno debacle. I believe they're doing it with Ole Miss football players as well.
That is an excellent point. I hadn't thought of that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Listening on radio, host says the car in which Pitino arrived never shut off the engine. Tricky Ricky was like, "Keep the air running, Jeeves. This won't take long."

The article I posted said Jurich was in the administration building for all of 10 minutes this morning when he left by himself. He's toast as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The article I posted said Jurich was in the administration building for all of 10 minutes this morning when he left by himself. He's toast as well.

Jurich already confirmed fired. No official word on Tricky Ricky (I refuse to refer to him any other way). However, interim Pres has announced a presser at 1pm, neither Jurich nor Tricky will attend. Infer as you will.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
From everything I have read, I don't see much change in the recruitment of Nas from Tech's perspective as of now. They, we, want him because he is a good student, great talent, and exceptional worker at his craft.

Also, here at the Swarm we have benefited from the posting of his father. Mr. Little has consistently said relationships matter, and that Tech has always been in strong consideration. They have a genuine bond with DLab and CJP. That all clearly predates the seedy actions in the affidavit, given that Arizona, for example, was very late in even offering Nas. Furthermore, the Little's also consistently stated that apparel deals would not make his decision.

Hence, all we know is what we already knew beforehand. There are shady players in recruiting that includes AAU coaches, apparel companies and programs that go after the top rated recruits.

Tech is an underdog in these battles, but chooses carefully which ones to get involved with. They chose to go hard after Nas, that tells me what I should assume about him, namely, that he has what it takes to choose well and not get pressured in to doing what handlers want him to do.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If they're doing this for basketball, we have to at least entertain the possibility that they are doing the same for football, if not more.
I obviously can't say for certain, and this is speculation.

But I was talking to someone very close to one of the programs that is in trouble, they said its going to get ugly for basketball. However, he was was 100% confident and assured me that football was absolutely untouched by this.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I sort of wish we would stay with Russell for another year to two, until all this blows over. Based on contract with Adidas, there could be a clause for us to exit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
From everything I have read, I don't see much change in the recruitment of Nas from Tech's perspective as of now. They, we, want him because he is a good student, great talent, and exceptional worker at his craft.

Also, here at the Swarm we have benefited from the posting of his father. Mr. Little has consistently said relationships matter, and that Tech has always been in strong consideration. They have a genuine bond with DLab and CJP. That all clearly predates the seedy actions in the affidavit, given that Arizona, for example, was very late in even offering Nas. Furthermore, the Little's also consistently stated that apparel deals would not make his decision.

Hence, all we know is what we already knew beforehand. There are shady players in recruiting that includes AAU coaches, apparel companies and programs that go after the top rated recruits.

Tech is an underdog in these battles, but chooses carefully which ones to get involved with. They chose to go hard after Nas, that tells me what I should assume about him, namely, that he has what it takes to choose well and not get pressured in to doing what handlers want him to do.

Is it too late for me to vote you for President? Tell me it's not too late!

Deleted member 2897

But I was talking to someone very close to one of the programs that is in trouble, they said its going to get ugly for basketball. However, he was was 100% confident and assured me that football was absolutely untouched by this.

If it remains untouched, then the FBI isn't doing its job.

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

One player in basketball makes a big difference and basketball sells shoes so I agree that this is probably a basketball specific scandal. There is some dirty stuff going on in college football recruiting but I think it is done in a different way.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One player in basketball makes a big difference and basketball sells shoes so I agree that this is probably a basketball specific scandal. There is some dirty stuff going on in college football recruiting but I think it is done in a different way.
Exactly. College football is just as dirty, but the money isn't funneling through apparel companies.