Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate that it feels like we are somehow in the middle of this when I genuinely believe we aren’t. Our new relationship with Adidas plus the speculated involvement with Nassir and alleged involvement of his coach has us too close to the action. I realize some is just unfortunate timing and some is pure speculation but it just feels like we are a part of the conversation.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate that it feels like we are somehow in the middle of this when I genuinely believe we aren’t. Our new relationship with Adidas plus the speculated involvement with Nassir and alleged involvement of his coach has us too close to the action. I realize some is just unfortunate timing and some is pure speculation but it just feels like we are a part of the conversation.

We have nothing to do with this other than we are recruiting Nassir.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The money was coming from the apparel company
Our current contract is still with Russell which doesn't sign a lot of basketball players to contacts so his statement is still valid.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So I re-read the Gatto indictment this morning.

It is also impossible to me to see anybody but Little being Player 12.
It's someone who is graduating in 2018, who is a "likely one and done, he's like the #7 player in the country or something" and Univ 4 - Miami wants him real bad and they want to keep him from going to Univ 4 - AZ who has reportedly offered $150K through another apparel company. Also, the money would be sent through Augustine (head of 1Family Hoops) and his non-profit for his AAU program.
Who else in 1Family fits that?

Another complication for me.
in the section on L'ville - Univ #6. Player 11 is also discussed. A 2019 Top 10 player who they want to set up the same way they did with Player 10 (likely Bowen) so he would attend L'ville and sign with the approrpiate sports management company. That player almost has to be Balsa Koprivica, based on the description of the player and that he is a 1Family AAU guy. That's at least 2 guys that Augustine seems to be steering.

At this point i am starting to come to the decision that I think it is better for GT to drop out. Even if Little is not player #12 (and i'm starting to doubt that), you have the head of his AAU program in jail and he likely was paying multiple kids with Adidas.

I'll add another thought. If Pitino is Coach 2 in the section on L'ville he is really screwed and it makes sense that it could be him.
coach 2 is referred to as "no one swings a bigger **** than coach 2 at company 1 (adidas)", "all coach 2 has to do is pick up a phone and call somebody and say these are my guys , they're taking care of us"
"coach 2 is not one to already have his agent set up so it is up to coach 1 and another assistant at university 6 to steer athletes to certain advisors".

It noted in paragraph 37 that Coach 2 had 2 phone calls with Gatto after the meetings to set up the scheme and a third call on June 1 with Gatto, 2 days before player 10 committed.

I also think AZ is potentially in a world of hurt.
in a separate indictment you have one of their assts taking money to steer kids to specific advisors as well as help pay for a 2018 5* PG - almost certainly Quinerly that richardson says he is already paying to come to AZ and in this indictment you have them as offering a 2018 prospect $150K to go there instead of an adidas school.

There is also this from RamblinReck late last night:
The question is whether or not Little is Player-12. We have been told he is not but I am sure we will find out soon enough if it is him. And, even if it is him, the question remains as to whether or not Little and his family have received any benefit from the bids or if it was purely to Augustine. If what we were told is correct, then they hadn't received any of the money.

Clarification on earlier info: Its possible that Little is Player-12 but also that the family was not part of the scheme and had not received any benefit from any of the alleged activities. Hopefully, that will play out to be true.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm wondering what the $mart money is thinking about Rick $tan$bury today.

Meanwhile, 3 podcasts I listen to regularly posted new episodes on the topic of the day - NBC College Basketball Talk, CBS Eye on College Basketball, & Fundamentally Sound. Haven't listened to any yet, but probably worth checking out.

Milwaukee

Banned
We have nothing to do with this other than we are recruiting Nassir.

My thoughts: if Miami or anyone was offering him that amount of money then his camp either asked for it or were willing to accept it. Either way it stinks and I don't want him anywhere near our program. Just my opinion based off rumours. If the whole thing isn't true, then my opinion changes.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
My thoughts: if Miami or anyone was offering him that amount of money then his camp either asked for it or were willing to accept it. Either way it stinks and I don't want him anywhere near our program. Just my opinion based off rumours. If the whole thing isn't true, then my opinion changes.

His AAU coach and his family are two separate entities. His coach can ask for whatever and do whatever and that doesn’t mean that his family is involved. As you said you are forming an opinion off of rumors. Let’s wait until we have facts.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

We don't know near enough for any of us to make these assumptions/statements.

C'mon Milwaukee, you're (allegedly) better than this. Allegedly :smuggrin:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Ahhh. The old shoot first, guilty until proven innocent, miss out on opportunities strategy. Well played.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am with dtm on this. Let's wait and see where this goes. But, I can easily see why a reasonable person would back off from anyone tainted by this mess. Even if only by implication.

Here is what bothers me about the story. Augustine is talking to a Miami coach about a player we assume to be Nas and has gotten confirmation that $150K may not be enough to get the recruit committed to Miami. WHere did that figure come from and how does Augustine know the Littles will even countenance a payoff of any amount. He has to have some assurance that Nas will follow through with a commitment even if he alone gets the money. I got the impression the Littles were doing this as a family. Is Augustine just blowing smoke?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am with dtm on this. Let's wait and see where this goes. But, I can easily see why a reasonable person would back off from anyone tainted by this mess. Even if only by implication.

Here is what bothers me about the story. Augustine is talking to a Miami coach about a player we assume to be Nas and has gotten confirmation that $150K may not be enough to get the recruit committed to Miami. WHere did that figure come from and how does Augustine know the Littles will even countenance a payoff of any amount. He has to have some assurance that Nas will follow through with a commitment even if he alone gets the money. I got the impression the Littles were doing this as a family. Is Augustine just blowing smoke?

Again, you're stating things as 'fact' that are very much in the dark right now. I'm begging we collectively 'ease off' on this.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I can't tell y'all what to do ....

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The money was coming from the apparel company
I understand that, but we're still a Russell school until next June. Are you implying that Adidas is willing to pay that amount for us to get Nas? If that's the case, I bet the folks at the U would be royally pissed. And, rightly so.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
His AAU coach and his family are two separate entities. His coach can ask for whatever and do whatever and that doesn’t mean that his family is involved. As you said you are forming an opinion off of rumors. Let’s wait until we have facts.

And then spewing them back here, when the kids father obviously reads the board. I guess innocent until proven guilty has gone by the wayside. I bet if it was your son or daughter with their names being drug through the mud, you would advise others NOT to form opinions based on rumors...smh

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Perhaps the AAU coach was bidding without any knowledge of the Littles, we just don't know all the details.

The point is that none of us know and that's the danger