Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Exactly. College football is just as dirty, but the money isn't funneling through apparel companies.
I do wonder though if one of these guys the FBI drags in exchanges some info about money being pushed to football players through boosters in recruitment for a lighter sentence.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Exactly. College football is just as dirty, but the money isn't funneling through apparel companies.

My head nearly exploded trying to listen to college sports radio for updates. Every college football-affiliated coach took the stance of, "See cbb is a cesspool, this stuff doesn't happen in cfb." I'm like, really?

This specific scenario doesn't happen in cfb but, rest assured, cfb is just as dirty. Only difference is there aren't these global entities (shoe companies) to target. It's a booster here, an alum there, a business owner over there. Can't target them all.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My head nearly exploded trying to listen to college sports radio for updates. Every college football-affiliated coach took the stance of, "See cbb is a cesspool, this stuff doesn't happen in cfb." I'm like, really?

This specific scenario doesn't happen in cfb but, rest assured, cfb is just as dirty. Only difference is there aren't these global entities (shoe companies) to target. It's a booster here, an alum there, a business owner over there. Can't target them all.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...394/leo-lewis-ncaa-ole-miss-mississippi-state

In addition, an audio tape of an alleged conversation between Farrar and Lewis’ mother, Tina Henderson, was submitted by Farrar’s counsel after the November interview. In the audio tape, recorded on Feb. 2, 2015, a day before Lewis says Allen paid him $10,000 to sign with Ole Miss, Henderson allegedly told Farrar that she had received multiple cash offers for Lewis, including $650,000 from LSU and $80,000 from Mississippi State.

Milwaukee

Banned
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...394/leo-lewis-ncaa-ole-miss-mississippi-state

In addition, an audio tape of an alleged conversation between Farrar and Lewis’ mother, Tina Henderson, was submitted by Farrar’s counsel after the November interview. In the audio tape, recorded on Feb. 2, 2015, a day before Lewis says Allen paid him $10,000 to sign with Ole Miss, Henderson allegedly told Farrar that she had received multiple cash offers for Lewis, including $650,000 from LSU and $80,000 from Mississippi State.

Holy **** $650K??

Deleted member 2897

The thing that is interesting to me is the FBI angle, because they can subpoena financial transactions on anybody and go anywhere and as far back as they like. All they need to transition over into football is some informant or squealer to implicate someone on that side of the fence. I would imagine there are agents who have clients in both sports, maybe not at that firm ASM that was raided by the FBI, but I bet at others. I would be shocked if there never comes a point where the investigation crosses over. We all know there is a lot of money changing hands too, and its probably more difficult to track and hunt down, but its there.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Fran Fraschilla on Sirius XM: "Throw the books at these guys. I'm glad this is happening. This is a good day".
Fraschilla: "This is why I got out of coaching."
Fraschilla: "This didn't shock me." "I have a lot of friends who are coaches. I'm sure they know this is going on and do it."
Fraschilla: "This doesn't surprise me. Lots of ways for this to go on." "Not everyone does this. 60-70% do it the right way. The other 30% are in the mud."
Fraschilla: "You do these things to keep up with the Jones'"
Fraschilla: "I would be stunned if Rick Pitino is coaching Louisville two weeks from now." "This is totally unacceptable. For every Rick Pitino, there's 5 coaches out there saying 'Good'"
Fraschilla: "I have a hunch that the NCAA was aware of this. It would not surprise me that the NCAA fed information to the FBI and Justice Department. Knowing they have no juice, it would not surprise me that they used them to help. Just a hunch"
Fraschilla: "There are few coaches and assistants out there that won't sleep well until this is over"