Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This means everything he does will really be legal

Shiii, I'll be surprised if he doesn't try to spin it as his idea.

"Mmyeah, we've been paying kids for years at Duuuque. 'Cause it's the right thing to do." - R. Face

"Huh? Nah, I didn't hear nuthin" - NCAA

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hard to make this up

adidas tee + "$"-chain = Straight boss move

NCAA = Barnes
Bill Self = Kobe

source.gif

Hmm, sounds like there were more than a few Kansas folk that clutched their collective pearls (c'mon, that was guud) after Snoop Doggy Dogg's (what is this 1992?) set ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/snoop-...ll-self-late-night-at-the-phog-221316171.html

“I didn’t know there was going to be anything like that,” Kansas coach Bill Self said after the event.[/
QUOTE]

yok.gif

I'm sure the gold chains and strut were photoshopped onto ya too, huh?

when_someone_is_delusional.gif

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Who could blame NC State for not cooperating? I mean, the blueprint from folks like UNCheat and Auburn and others was to be rewarded for not cooperating and for in fact even giving the investigations the finger.
Even more reason to not cooperate: look at Georgia Tech. They cooperated fully (provided all the evidence), they took appropriate action (suspend the players, suspend CDL, etc.). And what did the NCAA do? They gave us a semi-death penalty. You think other coaches and AD's don't notice that? The clear lesson is DO NOT COOPERATE WITH THE NCAA.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The NCAA has no subpoena power and relies on the cooperation of the institutions they are investigating. UNC proved that you don't cooperate. NCSU used a player that was in essence ineligible by NCAA rules. However they are claiming they had no institutional knowledge even though an assistant coach was involved.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That a judge bought into interfering with an "internal" NCAA issue is big. Really curious to see where this ends up.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Memphis has basically told the NCAA that they do not respect the ineligibility ruling and will ignore the NCAA. By taking the NCAA to court, Memphis is saying they do not plan to follow NCAA rulings on eligibility. If the NCAA backs down, or loses in court, they are done. The NCAA tournament is all they have left and that will be taken from them.

slugboy

Staff member
Memphis’ attorney is Leslie Ballin. He “got a woman who shot her preacher husband in the back” cleared.

http://www.bbfpc.com/attorneys/leslie-i-ballin/

He’s apparently one heckuva criminal defense attorney

@GoodmanHoops: James Wiseman’s college basketball career rests in this guy’s hands:

@djspydermann: @LoveThePuck For those who don't know, Leslie Ballin is a legend in Memphis Law. I don't know how he does it, but he gets the job done. People who should have gotten multiple sentences? Leslie got it reduced to 2-3 years MAX, with possibility of parole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Anybody surprised they were able to get an injunction from a Shelby County (Memphis) judge.

I wonder if the judge has ties to Memphis.

The other piece that I haven't seen talked about alot is according to the Commercial-Appeal Wiseman was found ineligible before their opening night game (UIC is game 2). If that's true than they played him before suspending him in game 1.

I could see this playing out as the local judge rules in favor of Wiseman then NCAA appeals to a state court - I could also see the NCAA saying this isn't a judicial matter or trying to get the case moved.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't think Penni will be long for cbb. I think he'll throw his hands up and walk away, leaving MEM to deal with the sanctions.