1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by msargent1, Sep 26, 2017.

1. GT11

GT11 GT Athlete

This means everything he does will really be legal

2. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Shiii, I'll be surprised if he doesn't try to spin it as his idea.

"Mmyeah, we've been paying kids for years at Duuuque. 'Cause it's the right thing to do." - R. Face

"Huh? Nah, I didn't hear nuthin" - NCAA

ramblinyj likes this.
  3. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

4. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

bwelbo, ramblinyj, kg01 and 1 other person like this.
  5. kg01

Hmm, sounds like there were more than a few Kansas folk that clutched their collective pearls (c'mon, that was guud) after Snoop Doggy Dogg's (what is this 1992?) set ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/snoop-...ll-self-late-night-at-the-phog-221316171.html

bwelbo and ramblinyj like this.
  6. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

bwelbo likes this.
  7. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Who could blame NC State for not cooperating? I mean, the blueprint from folks like UNCheat and Auburn and others was to be rewarded for not cooperating and for in fact even giving the investigations the finger.

New Old Guy and lauraee like this.
  8. New Old Guy

New Old Guy Helluva Engineer

Even more reason to not cooperate: look at Georgia Tech. They cooperated fully (provided all the evidence), they took appropriate action (suspend the players, suspend CDL, etc.). And what did the NCAA do? They gave us a semi-death penalty. You think other coaches and AD's don't notice that? The clear lesson is DO NOT COOPERATE WITH THE NCAA.

lauraee and bwelbo like this.
  9. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

The NCAA has no subpoena power and relies on the cooperation of the institutions they are investigating. UNC proved that you don't cooperate. NCSU used a player that was in essence ineligible by NCAA rules. However they are claiming they had no institutional knowledge even though an assistant coach was involved.

10. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

lauraee likes this.
  11. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

12. dtm1997

THWG likes this.
  13. dtm1997

THWG likes this.
  14. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

That a judge bought into interfering with an "internal" NCAA issue is big. Really curious to see where this ends up.

15. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

Memphis has basically told the NCAA that they do not respect the ineligibility ruling and will ignore the NCAA. By taking the NCAA to court, Memphis is saying they do not plan to follow NCAA rulings on eligibility. If the NCAA backs down, or loses in court, they are done. The NCAA tournament is all they have left and that will be taken from them.

16. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

If this works for Memphis then tech need to get an injunction for post season play.

17. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Memphis’ attorney is Leslie Ballin. He “got a woman who shot her preacher husband in the back” cleared.

http://www.bbfpc.com/attorneys/leslie-i-ballin/

He’s apparently one heckuva criminal defense attorney

@GoodmanHoops: James Wiseman’s college basketball career rests in this guy’s hands:

@djspydermann: @LoveThePuck For those who don't know, Leslie Ballin is a legend in Memphis Law. I don't know how he does it, but he gets the job done. People who should have gotten multiple sentences? Leslie got it reduced to 2-3 years MAX, with possibility of parole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Anybody surprised they were able to get an injunction from a Shelby County (Memphis) judge.

I wonder if the judge has ties to Memphis.

The other piece that I haven't seen talked about alot is according to the Commercial-Appeal Wiseman was found ineligible before their opening night game (UIC is game 2). If that's true than they played him before suspending him in game 1.

I could see this playing out as the local judge rules in favor of Wiseman then NCAA appeals to a state court - I could also see the NCAA saying this isn't a judicial matter or trying to get the case moved.

lauraee and kg01 like this.
  19. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

If memphis wins then everybody will want to pay HS seniors/juniors to control recruitment.
    wait.... didn't Addidas already think of that?

lauraee, orientalnc and kg01 like this.
  20. kg01

I don't think Penni will be long for cbb. I think he'll throw his hands up and walk away, leaving MEM to deal with the sanctions.