Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Or even more serious issues...like assistants who fund a recruiting trip to a Magic City...ahem..

gsp.gif

"I do declare .... an assistant took a sweet young man to a ... *gulp* gentleman's establishment? Avert your eyes, Maude." - Mark Emmert

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I mean, these are scathing accusations.

Surely he and Duke will want to get all the facts on the table (and on the record) to clear his name .... right?
Exactly, cause they're squeaky clean. Who was that brilliant poster who said zero never wins a bidding war. Look at some of the shady schools they've beaten out for recruits. Not to say that a blue blood like puke won't pull top recruits but when they are out recruiting Kentucky & shader programs.....

Look at some of those helicopter parents of puke recruits. There's no way Wendell Carter's parents didn't walk off with bags of cash.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like slander to me. Coach Kryszhweski lawsuit incoming?

I hope Coach K sues the holy ship out of Avenetti....

...then Coach K will have to defend against hard evidence and a paper trail that Avenetti purportedly has. I'll buy a ticket to that show. Coach K isn't dumb enough to open his mouth on this one. Avenetti doesn't play by any rules, and Coach K has MUCH MUCH more to lose than a disgraced lawyer who flew too close to the sun. It's the same reason why the NCAA is playing dumb and not pursuing anything beyond a superficial level. They don't want to open Pandora's Box.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope Coach K sues the holy ship out of Avenetti....

...then Coach K will have to defend against hard evidence and a paper trail that Avenetti purportedly has. I'll buy a ticket to that show. Coach K isn't dumb enough to open his mouth on this one. Avenetti doesn't play by any rules, and Coach K has MUCH MUCH more to lose than a disgraced lawyer who flew too close to the sun. It's the same reason why the NCAA is playing dumb and not pursuing anything beyond a superficial level. They don't want to open Pandora's Box.

Mhmm but ...

... that was kinda my whole point in bringing it up. I went with a hint of subtle naivety so perhaps my sarcasm wasn't drippy enough?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mhmm but ...

... that was kinda my whole point in bringing it up. I went with a hint of subtle naivety so perhaps my sarcasm wasn't drippy enough?

Nah, I had to get my rant of the day out of the way. Thanks for letting me use your soapbox.