1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by msargent1, Sep 26, 2017.

1. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

How does Penny avoid a show cause penalty?

kg01 likes this.
  2. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

I’m pretty sure Adidas didn’t invent it, or even blaze a trail in the basketball shoe industry
    ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lauraee and kg01 like this.
  3. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

That's my question. I like him thumbing his nose at the NeverCooperatewiththeseCownsA, but he's committed violations here.

4. lauraee

lauraee Helluva Engineer

5. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

On one hand, I like someone giving the finger to the NCAA after the way they treated us. On the other hand I hope the NCAA gives memphis the death penalty because no fanbase in college basketball deserves it more.

kg01, lauraee, THWG and 1 other person like this.
  6. orientalnc

I think Memphis can say they had nothing to do with the loan. The middle finger is another matter.

7. JacketRacket

JacketRacket Ramblin' Wreck

Their coach (was a booster at the time) was the one who gave the loan. They're not a big enough market team to get away with this. It's not like they're UNC. They should get the hammer.

lauraee likes this.
  8. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

At a big school he wouldn't have to give the loan himself

Peacone36, lauraee and kg01 like this.
  9. kg01

Them dudes in sky blue with black heels probably .. no, certainly deserve it more.

"Bruh, that's amateur-hour. Just have him transfer to a private school on "scholarship" which covers room and "board" .... which happens to be a 6-room mansion in a gated community for the fam." - Ratface to Penni

bwelbo and lauraee like this.
  10. kg01

I heart VCU fans ...

Strong a** trollin'

CuseJacket, lauraee, TooTall and 2 others like this.
  11. kg01

What is/was MEM's endgame here? To let the dude play 2 games ineligible just 'cause?

Speaking of cause, I can't see how Penny avoids a show cause at this point.

Not that I'm down with the NCAA or anything.

lauraee and bwelbo like this.
  12. TooTall

TooTall Helluva Engineer

13. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

14. orientalnc

I would love to hear one of our attorney posters on this, but I think Wiseman discovered he does not have standing to sue the NCAA or the Memphis AA. That, along with the fact that courts typically require members of voluntary associations to go through the appeal processes they agreed to when they joined. So, hat appears to be where they are now. Memphis (not the NCAA) has declared Wiseman to be ineligible and has asked the NCAA to determine his eligibility. The NCAA will make a ruling and could make him eligible at some time this season. If they do not make a ruling during the season, I doubt Memphis has a case for appealing that non ruling. If they deny Memphis' request, the school can appeal, but Wiseman still has no standing if I am correct. This could get fast tracked, but I would not be surprised if Wiseman declared for the NBA draft before he hears from the NCAA.

15. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

the Ballin guy is kind of a go-to guy for athletes regarding things like this.

16. TooTall

TooTall Helluva Engineer

Cause when he's in court the guy is ballin huh?

couldn't resist.

Peacone36 and bwelbo like this.
  17. orientalnc

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NCAA told Memphis and James Wiseman’s attorneys that it could not reach a resolution with Memphis with a lawsuit pending. That is the reason for Wiseman taking a nonsuit in the action. The case can be re-filed if a resolution is not reached. <a href="https://t.co/ncNfNK92KB">https://t.co/ncNfNK92KB</a></p>&mdash; Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) <a href="">November 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

slugboy likes this.
  18. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

If Wiseman & Penny get cleared, how do we use that precedent to make the NCAA eat **** on our case?

lauraee, Peacone36 and bwelbo like this.
  19. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

I thought it was Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe.

lauraee and TooTall like this.
  20. ESPNjacket

ESPNjacket Helluva Engineer