Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

slugboy

Staff member
If memphis wins then everybody will want to pay HS seniors/juniors to control recruitment.
wait.... didn't Addidas already think of that?

I’m pretty sure Adidas didn’t invent it, or even blaze a trail in the basketball shoe industry
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
On one hand, I like someone giving the finger to the NCAA after the way they treated us. On the other hand I hope the NCAA gives memphis the death penalty because no fanbase in college basketball deserves it more.
I think Memphis can say they had nothing to do with the loan. The middle finger is another matter.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Memphis can say they had nothing to do with the loan. The middle finger is another matter.

Their coach (was a booster at the time) was the one who gave the loan. They're not a big enough market team to get away with this. It's not like they're UNC. They should get the hammer.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
On one hand, I like someone giving the finger to the NCAA after the way they treated us. On the other hand I hope the NCAA gives memphis the death penalty because no fanbase in college basketball deserves it more.

Them dudes in sky blue with black heels probably .. no, certainly deserve it more.

At a big school he wouldn't have to give the loan himself

"Bruh, that's amateur-hour. Just have him transfer to a private school on "scholarship" which covers room and "board" .... which happens to be a 6-room mansion in a gated community for the fam." - Ratface to Penni

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I would love to hear one of our attorney posters on this, but I think Wiseman discovered he does not have standing to sue the NCAA or the Memphis AA. That, along with the fact that courts typically require members of voluntary associations to go through the appeal processes they agreed to when they joined. So, hat appears to be where they are now. Memphis (not the NCAA) has declared Wiseman to be ineligible and has asked the NCAA to determine his eligibility. The NCAA will make a ruling and could make him eligible at some time this season. If they do not make a ruling during the season, I doubt Memphis has a case for appealing that non ruling. If they deny Memphis' request, the school can appeal, but Wiseman still has no standing if I am correct. This could get fast tracked, but I would not be surprised if Wiseman declared for the NBA draft before he hears from the NCAA.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NCAA told Memphis and James Wiseman’s attorneys that it could not reach a resolution with Memphis with a lawsuit pending. That is the reason for Wiseman taking a nonsuit in the action. The case can be re-filed if a resolution is not reached. <a href="https://t.co/ncNfNK92KB">https://t.co/ncNfNK92KB</a></p>&mdash; Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) <a href="">November 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer