Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When all is said and done i'm not sure NCST is going to get hit with much, but I think Gottfried an Early are likely to both get multi-year show cause penalties.

It was always a dumb hire by CS-Northridge.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I will believe it when I see it. Auburn’s athletic department has enough money, boosters, lawyers, and friends in high places that they can fight this for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pompous AUB Windbags: "We at Auburn will fight tooth and nail! We will take this to the highest court in the land!"

Meek NCAA investigator guy: "Ya know ... there're some oddities on the football side of things too. Maybe we should look into ..."

Windbags: "Oh uh, nevermind all that. So you need us to give you Pearl to make this all go away? Done. Where do I sign up?"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pearl has been eating our lunch with the local recruits. I'm OK with Auburn getting the death penalty.

If you can't beat a school in 'crootin, you can h0pe they get wacked by the NCAA...ahem...

GT_EE78

Banned
When coaches get "show cause penalties" , why don't they have to pay back the salaries from the time period when they were caught cheating?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Because the coaches are paid through the school not the NCAA I would assume.

The NCAA lost badly in court when they tried to limit assistant coach's salaries. That was simply trying to set a limit for schools to implement in their contract discussions with assistants. Trying to reach back and grab salary that has already been paid to a coach as some sort of a fine is legally pretty humorous. They have no provision in any contract between schools and employees to allow it nor do they have anything in any bylaw or other rule/regulation inside the NCAA to fall back on. This would be easy money for any any coach and lawyer to get from the NCAA if they went this route - which they aren't.

DCjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Can these writers ask what the NCAA is planning to do with teams that have admitted to recruiting violations in a federal court (i.e. LSU, Auburn, UNC, etc)? Why even have an NCAA at this point?

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Can these writers ask what the NCAA is planning to do with teams that have admitted to recruiting violations in a federal court (i.e. LSU, Auburn, UNC, etc)? Why even have an NCAA at this point?

They don't give status updates. It is a purposely bureaucratic institution that is designed to operate with specific, slow processes. The schools set it up that way on purpose.