Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I see no reason why the NCAA can't just request copies of those wiretaps and other evidence. They frequently do investigations that are not criminal in nature. So there shouldn't be any argument about whether or not that wiretap was admissable in court or not - the NCAA doesn't conduct criminal trials, so it doesn't matter.

Second, if you're Charleston Southern, Hofstra, Davidson, UNC Greensboro, St. Mary's, Old Dominion, or Radford, you better wear leather underwear and keep your cheeks puckered tight. The NCAA is coming for you and will make an example of you!

Eggsactly.

When folks won't talk to them, they fall back on the fact that they lack subpoena power and can't compel anyone to speak. Well, now you have a mountain of evidence that would've been comparable to whatever you would've gathered if some random "witness" had spoken to your investigator.

... but now you claim, because it wasn't admitted at that trial, you can't use it?

I'm sure they'll find some legalese to explain why they "can't" but I mean c'mon man. This isn't whizzing on our heads and tellin' us it's raining. This is whizzin' on our heads and just goin', "I'm not whizzin', what're you talkin' about?"

GT_EE78

Banned
I see no reason why the NCAA can't just request copies of those wiretaps and other evidence.
Agree. So i sent a request to Tom Fitton at Judicial Watch to FOIA the FBI and NCAA data files. A little public pressure couldn't hurt. Unfortunately i think the likelihood that I will even get a response is about the same as NCAA cracking down on Arizona and Kansas.

Deleted member 2897

In basketball, AZ is essentially a blue blood. Especially with UCLA being so down. NCAA needs western blue bloods. AZ fits that for them.

The Pac-12 is bleeding dry. They don't have any blood of any color LOL. They have something like 3 total teams combined who have made it into the post season tournament in the last couple years.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it re big names like Self and Pearl. They jumped on Ollie because he was no longer employed by UCONN. I doubt anything happens to coaches of Kansas , Auburn, etc, as long as they have not been fired.

Last edited:

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely ridiculous if that program gets hit. Gottfried, Yow and Smith Jr. are all gone. Maybe work on prevention instead of reactive punishments that only hurt people and kids that weren’t part of the wrong doing.

Agreed. But NCAA thinks it makes them look tough without having to go after the blue bloods. After all, NC State is a step up from Cleveland State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely ridiculous if that program gets hit. Gottfried, Yow and Smith Jr. are all gone. Maybe work on prevention instead of reactive punishments that only hurt people and kids that weren’t part of the wrong doing.
If they get slammed after nc skated on fake classes, pack fans will absolutely lose their minds.