Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Given the wording it is pretty easy to see what happened.
They did not say he was fired. They said his contract was not renewed. So his contract ended on April 30 and they were just waiting until that date to let him go so they would have no financial obligations.
Assts are often on one year contracts.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Given the wording it is pretty easy to see what happened.
They did not say he was fired. They said his contract was not renewed. So his contract ended on April 30 and they were just waiting until that date to let him go so they would have no financial obligations.
Assts are often on one year contracts.
What is the difference in financial obligation if the contract is terminated early vs running to the end? Seems going to the end would either be the same or more.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

If UA coach Sean Miller is not directly found to have broken NCAA rules, he could be subject to discipline under NCAA bylaw 11.1.1.1, which states head coaches are responsible for the actions of their direct and indirect reports unless they can rebut the presumption of responsibility by proving they actively monitored their reports in an effort to abide by NCAA rules.

Deleted member 2897

You don't fire someone because they made a bad joke. He let people see what was behind the curtain at Clemson, and that cannot stand.

giphy.gif

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just wanted to post this link here

https://www.cbssports.com/podcasts/eye-on-college-basketball/

These are the eye on basketball podcasts that Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander do for CBSSports.
They talk alot about this trial and the underworld of NCAA basketball.

The 4/16 podcast has Norlander talking about all the texts and calls he got from college coaches after Wade was reinstated by LSU and how angry they were. Not that the coaches disliked Wade personally, nor thought he was the only one doing this. Just that he was caught and LSU just decided to not do anything.

There is talk on both that one and the one from 5/1 on Miller that in both cases it may be partially that the schools are waiting for something that will allow them to fire the coaches with cause so they don't have to pay the buyouts. Which basically means waiting for the NCAA to formally charge them with something. Neither Parrish nor Norlander were convinced Wade would coach at LSU by this fall. Something to watch this summer.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just wanted to post this link here

https://www.cbssports.com/podcasts/eye-on-college-basketball/

These are the eye on basketball podcasts that Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander do for CBSSports.
They talk alot about this trial and the underworld of NCAA basketball.

The 4/16 podcast has Norlander talking about all the texts and calls he got from college coaches after Wade was reinstated by LSU and how angry they were. Not that the coaches disliked Wade personally, nor thought he was the only one doing this. Just that he was caught and LSU just decided to not do anything.

There is talk on both that one and the one from 5/1 on Miller that in both cases it may be partially that the schools are waiting for something that will allow them to fire the coaches with cause so they don't have to pay the buyouts. Which basically means waiting for the NCAA to formally charge them with something. Neither Parrish nor Norlander were convinced Wade would coach at LSU by this fall. Something to watch this summer.

I'm not a fan of Norlander, but he's done some decent reporting, so here's a link to Jeff Goldman's podcast, which has blown CBS out of my podcast rotation because do you really wanna listen to Parrish shill for Memphis every episode?

Also good, the trial's review by One Shining Podcast...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Parrish annoys the heck out of me, so i'll definitely listen to the Goodman podcast.

I used to like Parrish quite a bit, but he's developed such an ego and just blatant Memphis homerism, I don't even bother listening to them anymore.

My go-to podcasts are Jeff Goodman, Rob Dauster, One Shining Podcast, occasionally Evan Daniels.