Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Given the NCAA does not have the capacity to force someone to tell the truth, and Miller continues to deny everything, AZ will don the insulated gloves and move on with him. As long as he wins.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It is still all hearsay at this point so

800px_COLOURBOX6991202.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Given the NCAA does not have the capacity to force someone to tell the truth, and Miller continues to deny everything, AZ will don the insulated gloves and move on with him. As long as he wins.

It is still all hearsay at this point so

True. I'm still hoping, via Dawkins and iiuc Code's testimony, more incriminating material is allowed into evidence. IIUC, their testimony is the only way the previously-excluded evidence can be allowed in.

I don't know the legal rules behind why that's the case. Just going by what I read.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Really interesting timing.... Dawkins & Code take the stand on the last day or so of the open recruiting period Has to be difficult for Miller (and many others) to really focus on watching kids & pitch them while also wondering what is being said / shown in court...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Really interesting timing.... Dawkins & Code take the stand on the last day or so of the open recruiting period Has to be difficult for Miller (and many others) to really focus on watching kids & pitch them while also wondering what is being said / shown in court...

But after Duke signs 2 highly regarded kids in 7 days.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

This piece jumped out at me:

"By the time those kids get to college, the deals are usually already done," Dawkins testified. "There's no need to pay a college coach because these players are coming to college with agents. This idea that it's an amateur world is not real."

"I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that no one is signing players who isn't paying."

Maybe that’s the cause for our troubles over the last 10+ years!! :):)

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
"I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure that no one is signing players who isn't paying."

I doubt anyone on this board is surprised to hear this. 5* basketball players know there is a market for their talent and they are not unwise about the process. Do they really care what happens to Duke or UK or Kansas or Arizona? Not a chance. The only reason we are not in this loop is that we cannot afford to pay Zion or RJ or their compatriots. If this offends anyone, so be it.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That is probably one of the least surprising firing's ever. only surprise was it took this long.
I bet his contract ran to April 30 (alot of basketball contracts do)

It's funny if you go to the basketball board at Tigernet how many of the fans say you don't talk about the football program if you are a basketball guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Probably had to wait a few weeks to give the appearance that it had nothing to do with his comments. Even though anyone with a brain knows what the deal was on this one.