Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Cost of living increase is automatic for good performance (not subpar) plus additional merit increase added on for excellent performance, plus faster track to promotion. Just like most major corporations. Do you work in the woods?
Now your just being silly. It's called sales.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I gotta be honest, I'm not sure how this is considered compelling evidence ...

I mean, I could title a text something out. Doesn't mean it's true. Txt: "Oh yeah, so-and-so said they'd wire me $10,000"

So?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I gotta be honest, I'm not sure how this is considered compelling evidence ...

I mean, I could title a text something out. Doesn't mean it's true. Txt: "Oh yeah, so-and-so said they'd wire me $10,000"

So?

I mean, screenshots of texts are the main strategy Ron Bell is using in his claims of tampering with Markel Crawford.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm not sure why, legally, Miller is barred from testifying. I mean, I read the explanation but I can't understand why his testimony doesn't add anything to the case. He could at least corroborate some of it.

Seems like the judge is, as was the case in the previous trials, trying really hard to distance these proceedings from typical NCAA violation stuff.

I know that's not the focus of what's going on but they're still, at least tangentially, related.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure why, legally, Miller is barred from testifying. I mean, I read the explanation but I can't understand why his testimony doesn't add anything to the case. He could at least corroborate some of it.

Seems like the judge is, as was the case in the previous trials, trying really hard to distance these proceedings from typical NCAA violation stuff.

I know that's not the focus of what's going on but they're still, at least tangentially, related.

About 2 people away from the source, someone told me today that they think Miller will have to testify...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
About 2 people away from the source, someone told me today that they think Miller will have to testify...

It seemed logical that he would, however ....

I'm with those that say his testimony definitely seems relevant. Judge seems steadfast in keeping him out, regardless of the evidence presented before him.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I'm with those that say his testimony definitely seems relevant. Judge seems steadfast in keeping him out, regardless of the evidence presented before him.
Follow the money & you’ll understand why the judge is leaning the way he is. His lineage is one of the country’s major legal power brokers. Not surprising to me he’s protecting the status quo.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Still not a smoking gun though. Still, interesting nonetheless.

I dedicate this to @mstranahan ...

I agree, but you would think dead bodies lying around would at least make the NCAA think, perhaps, somebody killed these folks. Instead the NCAA assumes they all died of natural causes. It's a lot easier for them and doesn't challenge their business model.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree, but you would think dead bodies lying around would at least make the NCAA think, perhaps, somebody killed these folks. Instead the NCAA assumes they all died of natural causes. It's a lot easier for them and doesn't challenge their business model.
Nothing to see here, folks...move along, move along...oh, and did you see that last dunk by Zion Williamson?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Interesting ... and explains why you'll never see anything come on the football side ....

This is more like it. This is actual video evidence along with the testimony ...

I could see sanctions coming from this for TCU and USC basketball. Interesting though .. again .. a coach taking money to recruit a guy Duke ultimately landed. Sooo interesting they were able to win this bidding war with $0. Soooo interesting.