Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what's going on but ... I'm intrigued ...

Dang it, Avenetti! You had to ruin it for everyone didn't you?!! Nike takedown and all that's tied to them could have been the biggest fish in the cheating scandal.

The thing is, the Feds could actually use Avenetti's arrest and leverage info from him to add to the Adidas thing. You know the Feds would love the big names associated with Nike....

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
None of this so far means he doesn't have the goods, but he has fired blanks before. I will not be surprised if Nike is just as guilty as Adidas.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Clown applies for job at circus.

Or maybe just 'Clown Goes to Prison' ...

.. I'm imaging a scene where he has all the nike evidence cued up to send to some whistleblower.

Just before he hits 'send', FBI agents tackle him. His outstretched hand just inches away from the keyboard. His face wrenching as he ... he just wants to do what's right ... if only he could just ... hit ... send ....

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He tweeted today he having a press conference tomorrow. I wonder if he is still planning that or if he will still be in jail. LOL. Can you hold a press conference from your cell block?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ron B seems to think you can.... ;)
This guy has actually struck more times than RB. He represented Stormy and all that was thrown out. Then the group of women he claimed saw Kavannaugh drunk or doing something unspecified that was thrown out. Now he is in the clink for extortion. What a loser.

slugboy

Staff member
This guy has actually struck more times than RB. He represented Stormy and all that was thrown out. Then the group of women he claimed saw Kavannaugh drunk or doing something unspecified that was thrown out. Now he is in the clink for extortion. What a loser.

Nothing good comes from political stuff in sports threads, even when Avenatti is involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
According to the press conf, Nike called the feds immediately because they have already been cooperating with the FBI for over a year on the broader scandal. Wiretaps were immediate. Whole thing took less than a week and nailed him this morning.

If feds have been with Nike for over a year, it isn't just for fun.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this is my fav tweet so far.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Think about this for the sake of perspective<br><br>Michael Avenatti came at PRESIDENT Trump and faced 0 consequences<br><br>Then he tried to come at Phil Knight and he got his *** cuffed and stuffed and will undoubtedly lose his bar card which means his livelihood<br><br>This is incredible <a href="https://t.co/rO3jftYGdP">pic.twitter.com/rO3jftYGdP</a></p>&mdash; Coaching Changes (@CoachingChanges) <a href="">March 25, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FWIW, I have no doubt that Nike is paying players just like Adidas was - probably more so as they are a bigger company in college basketball. The only reason it is Adidas being targeted by the Feds is because that happened to be who the guys they got the original tip on happened to work for.