Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This begs the "Devil's Deal" question: If GT could make 2 Final Fours in 5 seasons, and make the NCAA tourney the other 3 seasons, but GT would get those wins vacated and GT would lose 2 scholarships for 4 years and a postseason ban for 1 year due to "cheating" do you take that deal?

turk-yes-no.gif

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't see how smart gets to play or for that matter the whole team. If there's any poetic justice in the world, they'll get bounced early.

I hate that Wade is getting the martyr treatment by many. I hate the NCAA and all but Wade's crooked. He's no hero.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hate that Wade is getting the martyr treatment by many. I hate the NCAA and all but Wade's crooked. He's no hero.

The NCAA is also crooked.

Will Wade appears to have cheated based on the current rules. Because he broke rules that exist, he should face consequences.

That said, the current rules are bull ****.

Go to an Olympic model, let kids see opptys the free market puts forth, and let them make a decision.

Note, I'm not saying the school provides more than paying for the educational oppty. I am absolutely saying that supporters of that school or people willing to pay for endorsements, etc. are allowed to pay up as they see fit.

I know most on here will hem & haw and espouse amateurism, but that's because when we look in the mirror, we'd see the Olympic model as another oppty for GT to fall further behind in college hoops because other schools' fans will kick our *** monetarily.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Will Wade appears to have cheated based on the current rules. Because he broke rules that exist, he should face consequences.

Go to an Olympic model, let kids see opptys the free market puts forth, and let them make a decision.

Note, I'm not saying the school provides more than paying for the educational oppty. I am absolutely saying that supporters of that school or people willing to pay for endorsements, etc. are allowed to pay up as they see fit.

I know most on here will hem & haw and espouse amateurism, but that's because when we look in the mirror, we'd see the Olympic model as another oppty for GT to fall further behind in college hoops because other schools' fans will kick our *** monetarily.
You're right.

But you're also right.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I am in total agreement with you.

(I know, I'm scared too. :nailbiting:)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

College sports (football and men's basketball, anyway) haven't been amateur for many, mnany years now....when so much TV $$$ sloshed into the game, the amateurism went the way of the Sewanee football team.....