Votes: 433 81.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 80 15.0%

• Total voters

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Of course not. They have to cash these checks they write with their mouths, for sure. If it was all up to me, I would personally rather have a grouchy old curmudgeon with razor wit and a chip on his shoulder. I just like it.

But more than that, I like seeing GT win football games. And there's more than one way to skin a cat. I was skeptical of Chad Lunsford when he started elbow dropping chairs in the locker room. But it worked. And they will run through a wall for him in Statesboro right now.
I too have been around the block a time or two, and I was a salesman on top of that. From what I have gathered , Collins wants to generate some " buzz " ( sorry ) about the program and Lord knows we need it. Was he maybe a little over the top at times ? Yeah, a bit
I hate to look without knowing 9 months ahead I see USF, Citadel, Temple, and NC which other 2 are you seeing ?
Well I think VT and Pitt are winnable , at least. Maybe not as much as the others, though.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We hired a young, exciting coach who will recruit players AND fans to the program. He will actually sell the city of Atlanta as it is, not the grim version our last coaches (and many of our fans) seem to see it as.............

For that, this is a home run hire. Even if he goes 1-11 next season. Not because of him, but because of what he represents in terms of changing attitudes inside the GTAA.

Now time to take that approach to basketball.

And baseball. Especially with the home run metaphor. We should recruit the best with baseball and our technically focused degrees.

I'm ok with Pastner though, at least through next season to produce. He took over a dumpster fire and had a bogus criminal charge to contend with.

And there are ways to do that without giving away seven years.
At least Hewitt accomplished something. People are applauding this with no proofs.......must own a lot of time shares as well :rolleyes:

Time shares is a cruel comparison.

Collins has an approach at Temple that is refreshing. He has been at GT and knows what he is getting into. Let's just enjoy the ride till it's time to b*tch.

Animal02

Banned
And baseball. Especially with the home run metaphor. We should recruit the best with baseball and our technically focused degrees.

I'm ok with Pastner though, at least through next season to produce. He took over a dumpster fire and had a bogus criminal charge to contend with.

Time shares is a cruel comparison.

Collins has an approach at Temple that is refreshing. He has been at GT and knows what he is getting into. Let's just enjoy the ride till it's time to b*tch.
I remain skeptically optimistic.......it just amazes me that the same people that complained about CPJ extensions and Hewitt extensions.....AFTER they accomplished something, have no problem with handing out a seven year contract to someone that has only been a head coach two years based on a frikkin sales job press conference. They same way people buy a life time commitment in a time share based on a two hour sales pitch, some pretty pictures and discount tickets to Sea World. It may be a cruel comparison.....but it is accurate.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I remain skeptically optimistic.......it just amazes me that the same people that complained about CPJ extensions and Hewitt extensions.....AFTER they accomplished something, have no problem with handing out a seven year contract to someone that has only been a head coach two years based on a frikkin sales job press conference. They same way people buy a life time commitment in a time share based on a two hour sales pitch, some pretty pictures and discount tickets to Sea World. It may be a cruel comparison.....but it is accurate.
We only know the length, there could be several other terms that we are not aware of regarding incentives, buyout , etc. Do we TRUST TStan, or not ?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
We only know the length, there could be several other terms that we are not aware of regarding incentives, buyout , etc. Do we TRUST TStan, or not ?

We trusted him...and then when we thought he was going to hire Whisenhunt, we didn't trust him. Then, when he hired Collins, we trusted him again.

I suspect the contract has a lot of incentives and some flexibility. The yearly salary is pretty school-friendly, so the length may have been the tradeoff there.