• Yes

Votes: 339 91.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 8.9%

• Total voters

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I'm definitely a fan of adidas apparel. The golf pants (wear them to work almost every day, climacool or something like that) feel like you're wearing nothing. And, they make them in a 35 waist - 34 too small, 36 too big, I'm like goldilocks in a 35.
Some of the polos are nice too - got a nice, bright yellow one on right now.
No clue about the shoes. Normally I'm in a brooks or mizuno running shoe (I know I don't like Nike for that purpose).
Looking forward to seeing what comes out.

Also, let me say that I appreciated Russell, and had no desire to get rid of them like sooooo many others did. They treated us right on the money, could always make a good looking uni (look back at the Joe Hamilton days - those were Russell), made quality stuff, and were founded by a GT grad. So, here's to you, Russell, for the past ... and to you, adidas, for the future.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
In addition to the GSU unis I posted earlier (or maybe in the other adidas thread... please consolidate them!), Adidas also made these for specific GSU games.
View attachment 2746
It's a throwback to GSU's days as "Georgia Teachers College" and they were awesome. I can see them doing something with the old "T" logo or the old school yellow jacket. Of course, most of the time, GSU rocks a very traditional, clean look, which Adidas is also very capable of:
View attachment 2745

Didn't realize GSU's jerseys were so dark. I've only seen these:
ap_oshark_gastate_hart.jpg

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I'm definitely a fan of adidas apparel. The golf pants (wear them to work almost every day, climacool or something like that) feel like you're wearing nothing. And, they make them in a 35 waist - 34 too small, 36 too big, I'm like goldilocks in a 35.
Some of the polos are nice too - got a nice, bright yellow one on right now.
No clue about the shoes. Normally I'm in a brooks or mizuno running shoe (I know I don't like Nike for that purpose).
Looking forward to seeing what comes out.

Also, let me say that I appreciated Russell, and had no desire to get rid of them like sooooo many others did. They treated us right on the money, could always make a good looking uni (look back at the Joe Hamilton days - those were Russell), made quality stuff, and were founded by a GT grad. So, here's to you, Russell, for the past ... and to you, adidas, for the future.

Put on a few lbs since your playing days? :D Welcome aboard! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
They'll probably do a mix of more traditional unis and some special ones. That's probably whats also best at pleasing fans, players, and recruits.

But I would like to see perhaps more innovation in the technology side of things for us. Using us as a platform to push the envelope on the performance aspect. And can even do interesting design stuff but on a white shirt so it still looks classic until you look at the details/textures. If we could be a place to get access to the latest and greatest performance gear rather than coolest looking, it would be a great niche and fit for us.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would a GSU grad speak on Ga. State issues? :p:LOL:

Go Eagles! :D

Because GSU's been in Atlanta since the 60's, and GSU (a football program less than 10 years old) is 2-1 against GS, perhaps? Also, this:

Georgia Southern Prohibits Use of "GSU" (2016)

"Also, please note the following from a branding standpoint:

"The terms Georgia Southern University and Georgia Southern are University trademarks and their use should adhere to all standards of trademark use.
Use of "GSU" is prohibited. Simply use "GS" on second reference if needed."

:ROFLMAO:

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL. Nice try.

2-1 o_O Also:

Because GSU's been in Atlanta since the 60's, and GSU (a football program less than 10 years old) is 2-1 against GS, perhaps? Also, this:

Georgia Southern Prohibits Use of "GSU" (2016)

"Also, please note the following from a branding standpoint:

"The terms Georgia Southern University and Georgia Southern are University trademarks and their use should adhere to all standards of trademark use.
Use of "GSU" is prohibited. Simply use "GS" on second reference if needed."

:ROFLMAO:

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Go to gsu.edu ... nothing else needs to be said on this debate.

1235462_10151603392301681_1027968550_n1.jpg

Bringing this slightly back on topic: although it's clear it wouldn't help GT, I've love a cross-town rivalry with GSU in the near future. How many rivals are that close together? Now, that would be a backyard brawl (too bad the name is taken!)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Bringing this slightly back on topic: although it's clear it wouldn't help GT, I've love a cross-town rivalry with GSU in the near future. How many rivals are that close together? Now, that would be a backyard brawl (too bad the name is taken!)

Nope. They ain't on our level and never will be.

:cigar:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I'm down. It really sucks when my Jackets and Eagles face off. Those games truly hurt. I'd much rather play the panthers.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Nope. They ain't on our level and never will be.

:cigar:

IMO, GA State could be a VERY good team in their conference and one of the better non-P5 team if they got the right person in there. They have a good school, located in Atlanta, diverse majors, and it's not as selective to get SAs into school. Houston is a good model of what GA State could be.

They should have gone after someone like Ivin Jasper or Bryan Cook to lead them. Like KSU did with Bohanon, help give GA State an edge with CPJ's system.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
IMO, GA State could be a VERY good team in their conference and one of the better non-P5 team if they got the right person in there. They have a good school, located in Atlanta, diverse majors, and it's not as selective to get SAs into school. Houston is a good model of what GA State could be.

They should have gone after someone like Ivin Jasper or Bryan Cook to lead them. Like KSU did with Bohanon, help give GA State an edge with CPJ's system.

Folks've saying all that for how long though? They just are what they are, bro. Not in our league. :cigar:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Folks've saying all that for how long though? They just are what they are, bro. Not in our league. :cigar:

Well, duh! We're in the ACC, and they're in the Sun Belt. Pssshhhh...

How long has GA State even played football? They'll be OK. They just need better leadership in the Athletic Dept.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, duh! We're in the ACC, and they're in the Sun Belt. Pssshhhh...

How long has GA State even played football? They'll be OK. They just need better leadership in the Athletic Dept.

They started in 2010. The new AD is doing a better job, and ticket sales in the new stadium have been surprisingly successful. The real issue was their first AD, and having to fix all their mistakes. Let's at least play them in bball and baseball regularly, including an in-state bball tourney at Philips sometime.