Are you happy with Adidas?

• Yes

Votes: 339 91.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 8.9%

• Total voters

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I am so afraid that we'll get that gold wrong.
IMG_0838.JPG

IMG_0844.JPG

One of these?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Remember, I was the first to say I don't like the color right after the switch to adidas.

I am changing my mind as u guys have found some very pleasing colors.

For tbe better half of the family the issue w is not the shade of gold, it's the type of garment.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I am so afraid that we'll get that gold wrong.
Since there are infinitely many shades of gold (in my belief system), then the probability of getting it "right" is zero. Or, you could just think of it as getting it right would be a miracle. Also, the number of shades that have been seen is finite; the number of shades that have yet to be seen is infinite.
:geek:

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
From the aforementioned AJC article:

5. Adidas is coming off a very strong financial performance in 2016.

The company reported net income grew 41 percent last year. Its share price on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange was just under 90 Euros ($105.88) at the end of 2015 and finished 2016 at 150.15 ($176.64). It closed Tuesday at 189.35 ($222.76). In that same span (Dec. 2015-Tuesday), Nike was down about 13 percent and Under Armour was down about 79 percent.

(y)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
From a graphic design standpoint, it's not a very bold color by itself. But we have white and black (trim) to go with it, so it is possible to make it pop if done correctly. Question remains, can they do it? Imo, all gold uni panels need to be adjacent to white ones and bordered in black trim, a fairly bold black trim, too. Gold on white without the black border between falls flat graphically, especially at a distance.

ps. I actually studied a little bit of graphic design while at Tech as part of my ID major.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
From a graphic design standpoint, it's not a very bold color by itself. But we have white and black (trim) to go with it, so it is possible to make it pop if done correctly. Question remains, can they do it? Imo, all gold uni panels need to be adjacent to white ones and bordered in black trim, a fairly bold black trim, too. Gold on white without the black border between falls flat graphically, especially at a distance.

ps. I actually studied a little bit of graphic design while at Tech as part of my ID major.
Yes, just navy BLUE trim..... :p