Are you happy with Adidas?

• Yes

Votes: 339 91.1%
  • No

Votes: 33 8.9%

• Total voters

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I kind of talked about this in the other adidas thread. But I think, based on current contracts, it should be between $33-$40MM. Though adidas has been overpaying schools a bit lately (likely to price out Under Armour), so it might be closer to $50MM. They have like 7 of top 15 richest apparel deals. Mind you, we're getting $2.3MM a year currently from Russell, so anything over $13.8MM is a more lucrative contract.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yea, I did that when I priced the stuff at the robbery. Since i was a student the manager assumed that i would be good at math. We needed a set profit on each item - I applied it to the wrong denominator = price increase. After a while the ladies at the counter mentioned it. Since sales remained steady so we left the price as I calculated - hence the name Robbery. (We lost money on many items like the drafting packets so it wasn't pure evil capitalism). A very useful lesson I later used in business contracts for services as well as pipeline tariff calculations

Gt is great

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
It will be nice, or crowd pleading I suppose, to have one shade of Gold.

I do prefer, if we ever wear Gold Shirts, to have White numerals. And if necessary, only the very slughtest of Blue trim.

But I am not sure if it will ever be possible to match plastic, helmet Gold with fabric Gold. Unless it is very bland and somewhat "yucky" looking. (2008?)

Time will tell.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This article should make you feel better about Adidas and the ground they're gaining on Nike...as opposed to UA who a lot were in favor of due to ties their CEO had with GT. UA has not been doing well at all the past couple of years.

http://markets.businessinsider.com/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Nike is still the elephant in the room, but Adidas is experiencing a resurgence and is becoming a MAJOR player in the athletic apparel and footwear space.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Benchmark
Adidas to Louisville 16,000,000$ per year for 10 years. How much less do we project to add to this manufacturer in the free market? Why? Lack of street fans?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Why in the Hell would anyone want UA?

I always watched the World Cup & Olympic soccer "fütbol", but after going to some AtlUnited games, I'm a true convert..

Best sporting experience I've been to.
Now I want to go to Europe and check it out.

I was either Adidas or Jordan Brand (Nike), for cool factor and exclusivity.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
f20dd8d1-2e28-47ef-9b96-9219a1abb57a_1.033808c0ebaa5048e8662a66698004cf.jpeg

If this is what they are selling at WalMart, then I can't wait to see what they do with our team! They have the right gold IMO