APR, Flunkgate, and Pelagian Theology

Deleted member 2897

I'm just sitting here thinking. This guy says he was at Tech 35 years ago. I'm no tech grad or math major, but i'd say that puts him in his 50s. A 50 year old man trolling a sports message board? Embarrassing if you ask me. Stick to letting the 12 year olds do that, bud.

To stay on topic ... The cupboard is not bare. To acknowledge zero academic hurdles is silly. To admit we couldn't be recruiting better is silly. a wise man once said, "it's never as good or as bad as it seems." In other words, it is what it is.

Yea, crazy town. We didn't just launch our Liberal Arts degrees. We have higher rated players now than we did during the last coaching change. Every factual statement he made to try and back up his opinions are demonstrably false. Furthermore, he appears to be a huge fan of CGC and thinks he can improve our program in many different areas - well so do the rest of us. So what's the point? I dunno.

What a load of BS.
Ignored recruiting? You are delhsional
Leaving a program needing rebuilding? Even more delusional.
Your post is the eptimoe of CPJ haters that live in an alternate reality.

Here's how I define rebuilding:

We need TEs, what kind of "offensive genius" doesn't use TEs, that position represents he biggest mismatch for defenses on every level -- too fast for LBers and too big for DBs, yet our genius thought he didn't need em', the guy at USAF tweaked his option to use them, but not our genius

We need QBs, none of the players in our QB room have shown that they can throw vs P5 defenses good enough to attempt 25-33 passes per gm (what Temple avgd)

We need OLs, none of OLs have demonstrated they could pass block off of play-action, so they will almost assuredly be poor pass blockers in obvious passing formations in the new offense

We need RBs, none of our RBs have demonstrated that they can play in a 1-back set designed for zone-blocked running plays for 1-cut RBs

We need WRs, our WRs have not demonstrated the full route tree that WRs in other offenses have already run, nor did they do sight adjustments at the LoS like many modern P5 offenses use

I haven't got to the defensive side of the ball yet, Safeties getting puffed up to play LB, and LBs getting puffed up to play DE ain't gonna cut it

If our Roster were a house needing to be rehabbed we'd have to tear it down to slab and rebuild from there, some of the stuff can be reused, but a lot of it cannot, I know no one wants to hear these things about their idol CPJ, but I'm trying to be as fair and as honest as possible

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

We need TEs, what kind of "offensive genius" doesn't use TEs, that position represents he biggest mismatch for defenses on every level -- too fast for LBers and too big for DBs, yet our genius thought he didn't need em', the guy at USAF tweaked his option to use them, but not our genius

We need QBs, none of the players in our QB room have shown that they can throw vs P5 defenses good enough to attempt 25-33 passes per gm (what Temple avgd)

We need OLs, none of OLs have demonstrated they could pass block off of play-action, so they will almost assuredly be poor pass blockers in obvious passing formations in the new offense

We need RBs, none of our RBs have demonstrated that they can play in a 1-back set designed for zone-blocked running plays for 1-cut RBs

We need WRs, our WRs have not demonstrated the full route tree that WRs in other offenses have already run, nor did they do sight adjustments at the LoS like many modern P5 offenses use

I haven't got to the defensive side of the ball yet, Safeties getting puffed up to play LB, and LBs getting puffed up to play DE ain't gonna cut it

If our Roster were a house needing to be rehabbed we'd have to tear it down to slab and rebuild from there, some of the stuff can be reused, but a lot of it cannot, I know no one wants to hear these things about their idol CPJ, but I'm trying to be as fair and as honest as possible

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and now you're trying to pass yourself off as an expert at evaluating football talent, just SMFH

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck

I'll entertain you for now. Missing a TE? Mike Leach seems to agree that TEs aren't necessary. Oh that's another 3o team. Wait hang on ... Now I'm confused. Next ...

QBs? These guys were all rated 3* or more as dual threat qb or athletes. And we don't need to throw 25+ times to win. Ask Georgie. Jake Fromm never showed he could throw against P5 competition, until he did. Tua too. I'll wait till we see these guys in action to claim a rebuild is needed.

G-C-C is set. I'll give you I'm nervous about the tackle spots, but I think we have average to good competition there. We just picked up a grad transfer. defoor played tackle at ole Miss.

Your point on RBs and WRs is laughable.

Honestly I hope you aren't in construction and rehabbing buildings. You'd see a wall that needs painting and be like, "boys let's take this down to the slab ... We need to rebuild."

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Here is our big problem, in one easy to understand photo:

hell.jpg

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
No need to see CPJ fired, the guy's a quitter......
You're trying to defend actions that can't be defended, he quit on GT
I retired last year, so I guess that makes me a quitter.

I would like to say that I’m glad you are posting on this board. Ever since I’ve been on here, I have felt like I’m the dumbest person on GTSwarm. I can’t explain it, but I don’t feel that way anymore.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm backing the new guy because he "gets it", and isn't making academics excuses because our players major in business

No need to see CPJ fired, the guy's a quitter

If this team coming back was "loaded" CPJ woulda come back because his personality cannot NOT throw it up in the media's face that his "system works"

He quit and left quietly because he knows the roster is depleted

You're trying to defend actions that can't be defended, he quit on GT

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I retired last year, so I guess that makes me a quitter.

I would like to say that I’m glad you are posting on this board. Ever since I’ve been on here, I have felt like I’m the dumbest person on GTSwarm. I can’t explain it, but I don’t feel that way anymore.
LOL!

Just shot coffee through my nose!!!

Deleted member 2897

Just to give one single example, James Graham was rated a 4-star before he committed to us. His rating is not how they expect he would do at Georgia Tech in a 3O system.

OK I have to give one other example "I haven't got to the defensive side of the ball yet." Again, we have like 9 guys rated 4-stars on defense. None of them were rated 4-stars because they would fit well within the scheme Georgia Tech was going to employ. They were rated 4-stars before they committed. LOLOLOLOL.

Animal02

Banned

Unfortunately for you, there is no cure for that sort of stupid.

I would love to know just which games CPJ-coached teams lost, or even won, in which a TE would have made a difference. According to your logic (sic), I guess he should have just recruited them anyway and let them ride the bench until (if) a new coach took over. How many more do you think we would have now ready for CCG than we would have had otherwise? I'll give you a clue; the number is the same as you football IQ.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I would love to know just which games CPJ-coached teams lost, or even won, in which a TE would have made a difference. According to your logic (sic), I guess he should have just recruited them anyway and let them ride the bench until (if) a new coach took over. How many more do you think we would have now ready for CCG than we would have had otherwise? I'll give you a clue; the number is the same as you football IQ.

What @Supersizethatorder-mutt really wants to know is how you feel about blue uniforms....

Ok. Now I'm trolling...

I'll entertain you for now. Missing a TE? Mike Leach seems to agree that TEs aren't necessary. Oh that's another 3o team. Wait hang on ... Now I'm confused. Next ...

QBs? These guys were all rated 3* or more as dual threat qb or athletes. And we don't need to throw 25+ times to win. Ask Georgie. Jake Fromm never showed he could throw against P5 competition, until he did. Tua too. I'll wait till we see these guys in action to claim a rebuild is needed.

G-C-C is set. I'll give you I'm nervous about the tackle spots, but I think we have average to good competition there. We just picked up a grad transfer. defoor played tackle at ole Miss.

Your point on RBs and WRs is laughable.

Honestly I hope you aren't in construction and rehabbing buildings. You'd see a wall that needs painting and be like, "boys let's take this down to the slab ... We need to rebuild."

Mike Leach ain't our HC Coach G is , and he needs TEs

Next, all our QBs all have poor throwing mechanics TQM, Oliver, Graham from what I saw, none have good throwing mechanics and that leads to accuracy issues, Temple avgd almost 30 attempts per gm, no longer can we expect to win attempting 3 passes in a gm

Undersized ABs have no place in our new offense, BBacks that run with their head down straight ahead into a designated hole is very different from what typical RBs do in a 1back set

C-G-C might have experience in the old system, but once you take away their cut booking how effective will they be

Jake Fromm and Tua showed they could throw into tight windows in Camps and combine-type events plus on HS film, hence the 5* ratings

Think my WR comments are crazy, who in our WR room can start for an ACC Team in the upper half of the Conference