APR, Flunkgate, and Pelagian Theology

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Since you obviously don't know a lot about CFB in your old age I'll help you

A TE would have helped in all games under CPJ, TEs are big targets with a larger catch radius that operate underneath coverages and provide easy throws and completions for an Offense

GT FB has needed easy throws and completions every year that CPJ had been here so yeah TEs would have made a difference in every game CPJ coached at GT

Still feeling smart & smug, still think I'm crazy and know nothing about GT FB

Just because a gang of you guys pat each other on the back doesn't prevent you and the entire gang from being wrong when logical, unbiased analysis is employed

Welcome back, Wrexie. We’ve missed you.

While I'm not a fan of the ascerbic and overly blunt tone of this post, people acting like this isn't a fairly accurate assessment of our transition problems are not being honest. ]

Technical Writing at GT teaches a writer to avoid using a passive voice in your Business Communication as much as possible

Just kidding ,trying to lighten the mood

Amazing that their opinion about GT FB is the only one that's acceptable

Deleted member 2897

Technical Writing at GT teaches a writer to avoid using a passive voice in your Business Communication as much as possible

Just kidding ,trying to lighten the mood

Amazing that their opinion about GT FB is the only one that's acceptable

Opinions of all types and perspectives are highly valued on this site.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
P5 CFB is tremendously different than Corporate America

In a P5 CFB setting CPJ is a quitter
My mistake. I didn’t realize P5 coaches weren’t allowed to retire. I guess in your eyes Bill Snyder is a two-time “quitter” and Bobby Dodd should be lumped in as a quitter as well.

Forget my previous post. I know for certain now why I no longer consider myself the dumbest poster on GTSwarm.

It is true that we currently don't have all the talent at all positions that will be optimum for the ULTIMATE installation of whatever kind of offense CCG has in mind. BUT, if ANY coach steps into a similar situation and tries to force the issue right off the bat, rather than using the talent he currently has in the best and most profitable kind of "hybrid," then it will take him multiple years to get there. From what I have seen of CCG thus far, he is not a stupid man, and he will take what we currently have, augmented by whatever QUALITY recruits or transfers he can get in here right away and get us off an running right away.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It is true that we currently don't have all the talent at all positions that will be optimum for the ULTIMATE installation of whatever kind of offense CCG has in mind. BUT, if ANY coach steps into a similar situation and tries to force the issue right off the bat, rather than using the talent he currently has in the best and most profitable kind of "hybrid," then it will take him multiple years to get there. From what I have seen of CCG thus far, he is not a stupid man, and he will take what we currently have, augmented by whatever QUALITY recruits or transfers he can get in here right away and get us off an running right away.

Regardless of whether CGC tries to transition piecemeal using the existing players, or chooses to utilize a more blunt force method of transition, we are going to experience some growing pains. IMO, this is exactly why TStan gave him a 7 year contract. Put me on record now as saying I will not be calling for his head in two years no matter what his record is. He deserves time to get his system and recruits in place and I will lead the charge in defending him. Whether I agree with his system or not is moot. He's the head football coach at The Institute, and that's good enough for me.

My mistake. I didn’t realize P5 coaches weren’t allowed to retire. I guess in your eyes Bill Snyder is a two-time “quitter” and Bobby Dodd should be lumped in as a quitter as well.

Forget my previous post. I know for certain now why I no longer consider myself the dumbest poster on GTSwarm.

OK

If this 2019 Roster was projected to make a serious run at the 2019 CFP, you want everyone on this site to believe that CPJ still would've retired

We looked like an FCS team vs UGA & Clemson and CPJ himself knows more about the Roster than anyone else, and he "knew" what 2019 would be like, CPJ "knew" we beat UVa and Miami off of unforced errors and he knew 2019 would likely be worse than 2018

I can't guarantee any of this but my logic leads me to believe my theories are correct or very close to correct

So yeah, my theory is that CPJ quit on GT FB when things got tough

I joined the site when the new HC was announced because I felt GT was taking FB seriously again, I was never a fan of GaSou type FB at the P5 level with so much talent in Atl

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
OK

If this 2019 Roster was projected to make a serious run at the 2019 CFP, you want everyone on this site to believe that CPJ still would've retired

We looked like an FCS team vs UGA & Clemson and CPJ himself knows more about the Roster than anyone else, and he "knew" what 2019 would be like, CPJ "knew" we beat UVa and Miami off of unforced errors and he knew 2019 would likely be worse than 2018

I can't guarantee any of this but my logic leads me to believe my theories are correct or very close to correct

I joined the site when the new HC was announced because I felt GT was taking FB seriously again, I was never a fan of GaSou type FB at the P5 level with so much talent in Atl

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can't guarantee any of this

Yeah we know, thanks for confirming

And we should give this "theory" any semblance of credence why?

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't encourage him. I can assure you that NOBODY has missed him.

I put in a work order to get your sarcasm meter recalibrated.

Now that we recognize him, we know how he feels about CPJ. The good news is he seems to like the new coach, so we won’t have to read that horse**** anymore. But, I still wouldn’t put it past him to denigrate our student athletes or our institution.

Regardless of whether CGC tries to transition piecemeal using the existing players, or chooses to utilize a more blunt force method of transition, we are going to experience some growing pains. IMO, this is exactly why TStan gave him a 7 year contract. Put me on record now as saying I will not be calling for his head in two years no matter what his record is. He deserves time to get his system and recruits in place and I will lead the charge in defending him. Whether I agree with his system or not is moot. He's the head football coach at The Institute, and that's good enough for me.
I expect growing pains too, but contrary to what the trolls think, the cupboard is not bare. If, however, he goes winless over the next two years (and I DO NOT EXPECT THAT), I might be calling for his head sooner rather than later, if at all.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I put in a work order to get your sarcasm meter recalibrated.

Now that we recognize him, we know how he feels about CPJ. The good news is he seems to like the new coach, so we won’t have to read that horse**** anymore. But, I still wouldn’t put it past him to denigrate our student athletes or our institution.

...or cyberstalk high school boys on social media...

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The AD told him he did not have to worry about academics that the academic staff would!!! I have forgotten the womans name that was brought in to do it, but that is when Tech got in a lot trouble all because of her!!! Not on CCG
This. Precisely. I could name the woman involved, because I had multiple interactions with her after she was moved out of the AA and into the Provost's Office. She did not strike me as being particularly adept at anything other than having connections in high places.