APR, Flunkgate, and Pelagian Theology

Animal02

Banned
That 1200 SAT score is way too high for our FB recruits

Gailey had crappy support from the GTAA Admins that should have been monitoring class attendance and other things that led to flunkgate, also flunkgate manifested itself in GT sports OTHER THAN FB, but the CPJ fanboyz never seem to remember that part as they tear away at long gone Chan to make their idol look better than he deserves

Someone did a breakdown of our players Majors from what I remember, this current Team including walk-ons has

58 BS in Business
10 LMCs - Literature, Media & Comm
8 (?) HSTs - History, Society & Technology

Basically 76 out of maybe 100 are in those three majors, I don't think academics was the issue affecting CPJ for ELEVEN YEARS

Can't remember the rest ,but I'm almost sure (?) Engineering was single digits, sprinkled in with some other majors

If anyone has the actual data from that other post feel free to correct or add to what I listed above
And even more BS from the delusional .
Yes, those majors are the "easier" ones at Tech, but they are still science degrees requiring calculus. Second part is the limited degree offering, on top of the higher admit standards. If you cannot be admit that those ACADEMIC issues have an impact on recruiting and the program in general, then you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Deleted member 2897

Kinda hard to do when the last guy ignored recruiting for 11 yrs and leaves the next guy with a major rebuild

Imagine what the CPJ fanboyz would be saying about Chan had Chan left CPJ with a major rebuild

In fact, if CPJ had inherited this same exact roster that he's leaving to Coach G, back when he started in 08, he would have never had a winning season and would probably have been fired after 4 yrs, all losing seasons

Chan leaving a loaded roster is one of the most under appreciated things in recent GT FB history

The truth is, is that if CPJ were leaving behind an 11-win Roster, he'd simply come back, make a run at the CFP and go out on a high note

Instead CPJ is sneaking away............quieter than a rat pissin' on cotton

Is it Opposite Day? Pure ignorance. Sad that someone on this board could post something so erroneous.

Deleted member 2897

Opposite day?

Fine, compare the Roster that Coach G is getting from CPJ to the Roster that CPJ received from Chan

When you do you'll notice the gap in raw talent is "uge"

Back when CPJ started, all the haters said he would need a good amount of time to take non-option players and teach them his system. You can’t have it both ways.

We have 9 guys, just on defense, rated 4-stars.

In the last 11 years, we had 1 season below 0.500 in the ACC. We won the ACC once, won the Coastal 3 times, went to 2 bowl games, beat Clemson 5x, beat Florida State multiple times, and went 3-3 at georgia. If you think these guys can’t learn someone else’s system, it’s just ignorance.

Here’s a homework assignment - go count how many 4-stars were on campus when CPJ arrived. Then compare it to now. I’ll await your answer with baited breath.

And even more BS from the delusional .
Yes, those majors are the "easier" ones at Tech, but they are still science degrees requiring calculus. Second part is the limited degree offering, on top of the higher admit standards. If you cannot be admit that those ACADEMIC issues have an impact on recruiting and the program in general, then you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Check that

They require survey of Calculus, and Finite Math

35 years ago when I sat in Classes with Swilling, Salley, Price, Ingram, et al, Athletes took the same Biology as Civil Engr majors, now they Earth & Atmospheric Science, a science that isn't accepted for any Engr Major at GT

CPJ has benefited from all this, maybe this has helped his Graduation Rate, also there was no LMC & HST majors when earlier HCs were at GT, also a major help to CPJs graduation rate

Gotta tell all sides of the story

Last edited:
Back when CPJ started, all the haters said he would need a good amount of time to take non-option players and teach them his system. You can’t have it both ways.

In the last 11 years, we had 1 season below 0.500 in the ACC. We won the ACC once, won the Coastal 3 times, went to 2 bowl games, beat Clemson 5x, beat Florida State multiple times, and went 3-3 at georgia. If you think these guys can’t learn someone else’s system, it’s just ignorance.

Here’s a homework assignment - go count how many 4-stars were on campus when CPJ arrived. Then compare it to now. I’ll await your answer with baited breath.

Do you think the Roster CPJ is giving to Coach G is equal to the one he got from Chan in 2008?

Simple question please give a simple answer

Also consensus 4* players that Chan left is a different ballgame than guys that might rated a 4* in only 1 of the major recruiting service that CPJ is leaving behind, that's called apples & oranges

Last edited:

I never said that

I'm not a hater, I just like to be accurate and complete in my commentary about GT FB

Most said it would be easier to go from Pro Style Recruits to the teach the 3O, than to take 3O recruits and go the other way around

Every comment you don't like doesn't make someone a hater, maybe they have a different and logical and intelligent opinion than you do

Deleted member 2897

I never said that

I'm not a hater, I just like to be accurate and complete in my commentary about GT FB

Most said it would be easier to go from Pro Style Recruits to the teach the 3O, than to take 3O recruits and go the other way around

Every comment you don't like doesn't make someone a hater, maybe they have a different and logical and intelligent opinion than you do

Well, since you I guess refuse to do the work to actually look things up when you make assertions, I spent the time and did it for you. With the typical caveat - I may have missed something in either class, but I tried my best to look it all up correctly.

Here are the guys rated 4-stars when CPJ arrived on campus:
Derrick Morgan, Jonathan Dwyer, Morgan Burnett, Nick Claytor, Josh Nesbitt, Jason Peters, Omoregie Uzzi
That's SEVEN (7).

Here are the guys rated 4-stars for when CGC arrives on campus (assuming none transfer and that the current recruiting class doesn't change):
Parker Braun, Gentry Bonds, Tre Swilling, Bruce Jordan-Swilling, Kaleb Oliver, Jaytlin Askew, Jaquan Henderson, Jaylon King, Justice Dingle, James Graham, TK Chimedza, Briton Allen, Wesley Walker
That's THIRTEEN (13). Almost double.
And note we have some pitifully underrated guys like Tariq Carpenter and Juanyeh Thomas. But I don't want to assume the same thing didn't happen with ratings back then, so I'm going to just leave it at this so the comparisons are even.

You're welcome to have a different opinion. An opinion is like 'I don't like the 3O'. 'CGC is going to be a better recruiter.' 'CGC is going to be a more positive coach.' But when you say based on ratings our current roster doesn't have as much talent as during the last coaching change, that's not an opinion. That's stating a fact, and in this case its not just wrong, its wrong by a country mile.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
58 BS in Business
10 LMCs - Literature, Media & Comm
8 (?) HSTs - History, Society & Technology

Basically 76 out of maybe 100 are in those three majors, I don't think academics was the issue affecting CPJ for ELEVEN YEARS

Is it your assertion that these are "easy" degrees designed to graduate athletes?

In actuality, our Business program is one of the top undergraduate Business schools in the nation. #15 according to the link below. Much tougher than the vaunted Terry School of Business at uga that few players are in.

https://www.collegechoice.net/rankings/top-undergraduate-business-schools/

Animal02

Banned
Check that

They require survey of Calculus, and Finite Math

35 years ago when I sat in Classes with Swilling, Salley, Price, Ingram, et al, Athletes took the same Biology as Civil Engr majors, now they Earth & Atmospheric Science, a science that isn't accepted for any Engr Major at GT

CPJ has benefited from all this, maybe this has helped his Graduation Rate, also there was no LMC & HST majors when earlier HCs were at GT, also a major help to CPJs graduation rate

Gotta tell all sides of the story
It is still calculus whether you like it or not, and far more math than is required at most schools require around the country...but go ahead, keep living in your delusional fantasy.

Is it your assertion that these are "easy" degrees designed to graduate athletes?

In actuality, our Business program is one of the top undergraduate Business schools in the nation. #15 according to the link below. Much tougher than the vaunted Terry School of Business at uga that few players are in.

https://www.collegechoice.net/rankings/top-undergraduate-business-schools/

Never said anything about easy

I clearly wrote those majors allowed GT FB to case the widest net when looking for academic qualifiers for a FB scholly

With those 3 majors CPJ should have been able to recruit better, but alas, he loved his system more than he loved having a more talented roster

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I clearly wrote those majors allowed GT FB to case the widest net when looking for academic qualifiers for a FB scholly

With those 3 majors CPJ should have been able to recruit better, but alas, he loved his system more than he loved having a more talented roster

OK. It's clear you're trolling. What's your endgame? Would you like to see CPJ fired?

Deleted member 2897

Also, those schools have been renamed multiple times, but the majors themselves have existed in some form for decades. You should browse through the history of liberal arts at Georgia Tech. There's an actual page you can view that goes through the timeline. You could major in Public Policy, History of Technology and International Affairs 3 decades ago. The HST major in particular is something like 75 years old.

OK. It's clear you're trolling. What's your endgame? Would you like to see CPJ fired?

I'm backing the new guy because he "gets it", and isn't making academics excuses because our players major in business

No need to see CPJ fired, the guy's a quitter

If this team coming back was "loaded" CPJ woulda come back because his personality cannot NOT throw it up in the media's face that his "system works"

He quit and left quietly because he knows the roster is depleted

You're trying to defend actions that can't be defended, he quit on GT

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Not hardly.

Flunkgate was due to Gailey's failure to monitor players the way O'Leary did. Someone should have educated Gailey regarding academics at Tech. To his credit, he did change and we didn't have the problem after the beginning of his tenure.

Probation was due to playing ineligible players, and was directly related to Administration screw ups when Tech converted to the semester system from the quarter system.

Neither was related to some change in admission standards. Madison Grant's inquiry is valid.
The AD told him he did not have to worry about academics that the academic staff would!!! I have forgotten the womans name that was brought in to do it, but that is when Tech got in a lot trouble all because of her!!! Not on CCG

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I'm backing the new guy because he "gets it", and isn't making academics excuses because our players major in business

No need to see CPJ fired, the guy's a quitter

If this team coming back was "loaded" CPJ woulda come back because his personality cannot NOT throw it up in the media's face that his "system works"

He quit and left quietly because he knows the roster is depleted

You're trying to defend actions that can't be defended, he quit on GT

tenor.gif

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm just sitting here thinking. This guy says he was at Tech 35 years ago. I'm no tech grad or math major, but i'd say that puts him in his 50s. A 50 year old man trolling a sports message board? Embarrassing if you ask me. Stick to letting the 12 year olds do that, bud.

To stay on topic ... The cupboard is not bare. To acknowledge zero academic hurdles is silly. To admit we couldn't be recruiting better is silly. a wise man once said, "it's never as good or as bad as it seems." In other words, it is what it is.