APR, Flunkgate, and Pelagian Theology

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
@NtTomNtPhilGCollins

You remind me of another poster who used to frequent the message boards named WrecksNEffect.

Does anyone remember that guy?

Yeah. He was the idiot direct tweeting Vad Lee when CPJ was recruiting him. Complains that CPJ doesn't recruit then direct tweets the committed QB to try and keep him from coming...

That guy was an idiot. I do see the similarities.

I retired last year, so I guess that makes me a quitter.

I would like to say that I’m glad you are posting on this board. Ever since I’ve been on here, I have felt like I’m the dumbest person on GTSwarm. I can’t explain it, but I don’t feel that way anymore.

P5 CFB is tremendously different than Corporate America

In a P5 CFB setting CPJ is a quitter

Deleted member 2897

Mike Leach ain't our HC Coach G is , and he needs TEs

Next, all our QBs all have poor throwing mechanics TQM, Oliver, Graham from what I saw, none have good throwing mechanics and that leads to accuracy issues, Temple avgd almost 30 attempts per gm, no longer can we expect to win attempting 3 passes in a gm

Undersized ABs have no place in our new offense, BBacks that run with their head down straight ahead into a designated hole is very different from what typical RBs do in a 1back set

C-G-C might have experience in the old system, but once you take away their cut booking how effective will they be

Jake Fromm and Tua showed they could throw into tight windows in Camps and combine-type events plus on HS film, hence the 5* ratings

Think my WR comments are crazy, who in our WR room can start for an ACC Team in the upper half of the Conference

You probably have no idea that CPJ had 8 seasons with over 1500 yards passing do you. That he had several seasons over 1700 yards passing, including one just a hair under 2,000 yards and another with 1900 yards passing and 19 passing TDs.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

Next, all our QBs all have poor throwing mechanics TQM, Oliver, Graham from what I saw, none have good throwing mechanics and that leads to accuracy issues, Temple avgd almost 30 attempts per gm, no longer can we expect to win attempting 3 passes in a gm

Undersized ABs have no place in our new offense, BBacks that run with their head down straight ahead into a designated hole is very different from what typical RBs do in a 1back set

C-G-C might have experience in the old system, but once you take away their cut booking how effective will they be

Jake Fromm and Tua showed they could throw into tight windows in Camps and combine-type events plus on HS film, hence the 5* ratings

Think my WR comments are crazy, who in our WR room can start for an ACC Team in the upper half of the Conference
Dude can you do anything but criticize a coach who has retired and our current players. You are a sad case and need help .

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you just keep flailing away, I'm SURE you have the credentials to back up your "evaluation skills". Right?

Deleted member 2897

Undersized A backs.....................what are they 5'2" and 125 lbs?????? I sure Nathan would love that description :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Exactly, guys like Robert Godhigh - 5'7", unrated by the recruiting services. What a complete loser, playing a position where we could have had a Tight End. In 2013 he barely had 1200 yards and couldn't get past 9 TDs. What a complete nobody in a complete nothing offense.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

While I'm not a fan of the ascerbic and overly blunt tone of this post, people acting like this isn't a fairly accurate assessment of our transition problems are not being honest. Don't act like the same problems didn't occur when we went from Gailey to Johnson, and CPJ did an excellent job of maximizing roster talent those first 2 seasons. However, some highly rated OL never fit, a good TE bailed, we nearly lost to Gardner-Webb when our only QB left was the 180 degree opposite of an option QB. There were and will be growing pains.

However, CGC has already talked repeatedly about roster development and having players trained to be versatile in terms of position. He'll go a long ways to showing what kind of head coach he is if he can get these guys retrained and get the S&C program in to redevelop them physically. These are athletes. It's not like they aren't capable of displaying versatile talents.

I would love to know just which games CPJ-coached teams lost, or even won, in which a TE would have made a difference. According to your logic (sic), I guess he should have just recruited them anyway and let them ride the bench until (if) a new coach took over. How many more do you think we would have now ready for CCG than we would have had otherwise? I'll give you a clue; the number is the same as you football IQ.

I would love to know just which games CPJ-coached teams lost, or even won, in which a TE would have made a difference. According to your logic (sic), I guess he should have just recruited them anyway and let them ride the bench until (if) a new coach took over. How many more do you think we would have now ready for CCG than we would have had otherwise? I'll give you a clue; the number is the same as you football IQ.

Since you obviously don't know a lot about CFB in your old age I'll help you

A TE would have helped in all games under CPJ, TEs are big targets with a larger catch radius that operate underneath coverages and provide easy throws and completions for an Offense

GT FB has needed easy throws and completions every year that CPJ had been here so yeah TEs would have made a difference in every game CPJ coached at GT

Still feeling smart & smug, still think I'm crazy and know nothing about GT FB

Just because a gang of you guys pat each other on the back doesn't prevent you and the entire gang from being wrong when logical, unbiased analysis is employed

Deleted member 2897

While I'm not a fan of the ascerbic and overly blunt tone of this post, people acting like this isn't a fairly accurate assessment of our transition problems are not being honest. Don't act like the same problems didn't occur when we went from Gailey to Johnson, and CPJ did an excellent job of maximizing roster talent those first 2 seasons. However, some highly rated OL never fit, a good TE bailed, we nearly lost to Gardner-Webb when our only QB left was the 180 degree opposite of an option QB. There were and will be growing pains.

However, CGC has already talked repeatedly about roster development and having players trained to be versatile in terms of position. He'll go a long ways to showing what kind of head coach he is if he can get these guys retrained and get the S&C program in to redevelop them physically. These are athletes. It's not like they aren't capable of displaying versatile talents.

Well, lets just take one of his many sentences:
"Undersized ABs have no place in our new offense, BBacks that run with their head down straight ahead into a designated hole is very different from what typical RBs do in a 1back set"

ABs have NO place in our new offense? Laughable.

Our BBs have no idea how to find a hole to run through? Laughable.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, yes a bunch of our players will have to adapt to new systems. I don't know of anybody here who would dispute that. But the way he describes the situation is hilarious.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

However, CGC has already talked repeatedly about roster development and having players trained to be versatile in terms of position. He'll go a long ways to showing what kind of head coach he is if he can get these guys retrained and get the S&C program in to redevelop them physically. These are athletes. It's not like they aren't capable of versatile talents.

I disagree that it's "fairly" accurate. Tech QBs were all dual threat QBs coming in, this fits what CGC has talked about. Every one of the B backs came out of programs where there were the feature back, they know how to run to daylight. The A backs as a whole will translate well to slot receivers and I have zero worries about the WRs. The only concern I have with the O Line is getting the tackle positions covered and, imo, the personnel is there. Does anybody want to ***** about the GCG positions????

Animal02

Banned
"Undersized ABs have no place in our new offense, BBacks that run with their head down straight ahead into a designated hole is very different from what typical RBs do in a 1back set"

GENERALLY SPEAKING, yes a bunch of our players will have to adapt to new systems. I don't know of anybody here who would dispute that. But the way he describes the situation is hilarious.
You misspelled Ignorant.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

It's kind of interesting that several posters on here have been shouted down and called anti-CGC for suggesting that there might be a couple of years of struggle as our offense retools for the new scheme change. There's a difference in acknowledging that our current players and recruits aren't necessarily fits in the to be determined "pro-style" offense we will be running and completely denigrating our roster as undersized and talentless. This guy is a straight up troll, and there is no defending him, no matter how much you might agree with a particular point.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Since you obviously don't know a lot about CFB in your old age I'll help you

A TE would have helped in all games under CPJ, TEs are big targets with a larger catch radius that operate underneath coverages and provide easy throws and completions for an Offense

GT FB has needed easy throws and completions every year that CPJ had been here so yeah TEs would have made a difference in every game CPJ coached at GT

Still feeling smart & smug, still think I'm crazy and know nothing about GT FB

Just because a gang of you guys pat each other on the back doesn't prevent you and the entire gang from being wrong when logical, unbiased analysis is employed

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: keep going, we're loving your "expertise", it's SO much fun to see someone openly display their ignorance and then double down on it.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

The part about the B-backs is true. The single back set will require a lot more vision, patience and cutting than the 'hit the hole quick' B-back role. But, like I said, that's not to say the B-backs we have can't be coached and trained to run in a different style. It's too bad Kirvonte Benson has the injury he does and is questionable because I think he can be that tailback type runner.

As for the A-backs, I agree. I actually think some guys like Jarrett and Gantt, who've shown hands in the Spring Game, can work as slot receivers. The A-backs who can't catch the ball will be in trouble, IMO. Even a 3rd down back has the role of having to catch screens, etc. And pass-protect blocking, basically catching a DE coming at you 90 mph is a lot difference than edge-blocking in the option. Not saying one is harder than the other, just they're different skills that will have to be coached and learned.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of interesting that several posters on here have been shouted down and called anti-CGC for suggesting that there might be a couple of years of struggle as our offense retools for the new scheme change. There's a difference in acknowledging that our current players and recruits aren't necessarily fits in the to be determined "pro-style" offense we will be running and completely denigrating our roster as undersized and talentless. This guy is a straight up troll, and there is no defending him, no matter how much you might agree with a particular point.
See, I kinda think you're a troll at times too.