Film Room apcarrick's Georgia Tech Offense Videos Cut by Play

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey guys, I'm actually the author of these videos. I'm a HS football coach in WI who fell in love with this offense last year. I did these videos in reverse order, so the UGA one is probably the most accurate in terms of identifying plays. My hope is to continue these once the season starts.

As for the comment about how fast the plays run, due to the offense many of them cut in right as the motion starts when they come back from commercial. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

In general the way you stop the triple option is to have the handoff key be strong in the hole and make the qb 's read difficult. The wonder of the offense is once a defense tries that, PJ will have the tackle or the B back block the handoff key and go straight to the pitch phase
Where do you coach? What type of offense do you guys run? I live in SE Wisconsin and I always keep my eye out for split back veer, wishbone and flex offenses to go and see. Let me know.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
With the games edited down like that, you can really appreciate how much the D bailed us out in the first half against UGA. They kept blowing up passing plays left and right. We were struggling there for some time. I remember getting the cold sweats that day because it seemed like they had our number like Clemson did.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey guys, I'm actually the author of these videos. I'm a HS football coach in WI who fell in love with this offense last year. I did these videos in reverse order, so the UGA one is probably the most accurate in terms of identifying plays. My hope is to continue these once the season starts.

Welcome to the board. You rule. We look forward to your work in the 2016 season. Go Jackets! THWG!

apcarrick

Georgia Tech Fan
Originally from MI but now coach in Madison.

I should add if anyone has game requests, I've got some time before this season starts for another video

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
jeT looked slower vs UGA than the other 2; could be that UGA's LBs were just more athletic or that he was a step slow after a long season.
I noticed the same thing as well. The speed difference he played with between the Uga and Fsu game compared to the Orange Bowl was unreal. That month off made a huge difference. Hopefully CPJ keeps him fresh the first 2 games and lets him go at ND.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
its cute, but there are some plays he labels a zone dive and there is no zone blocking at all. Its a very high level label....

And there it is. Our offense suffered at times in the early CPJ years. He had to make do with what he had. Now that he has his players for his system, results last year, and a strong 2015 incoming class, the physical advantages opposing teams had may be a thing of the past. I don't see any more Vad Lee type QB experiments happening in the future either.

If GT can also field a strong defense this year and use it for recruiting, that pipeline may start flowing as well.
I don't know why every dual threat high school player isn't beating a path to Atlanta. If we can get one Justin Thomas every other year, this thing could develop a life of its own.