Film Room apcarrick's Georgia Tech Offense Videos Cut by Play

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Here you go:

Took out the black box and made the titles half the clip instead of a third. Also tried to give a little more time between plays

Watching that reminds me of how good Laskey was; he could catch anything. Also a tough runner and solid on the speed option.

Last edited:

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. In most of the other videos I am watching the offense. Against VPISU I was watching their D.

You can actually see a lot about how VPISU's defense was playing us by watching the game like this. Cornerbacks constantly coming (they got burned in the end). We should look at 4 verticals against them - seems like it was there a lot.

We ran a lot of speed option, way more than I remembered.

Good videos.

/

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. In most of the other videos I am watching the offense. Against VPISU I was watching their D.

You can actually see a lot about how VPISU's defense was playing us by watching the game like this. Cornerbacks constantly coming (they got burned in the end). We should look at 4 verticals against them - seems like it was there a lot.

Good videos.

/
Another thing I noticed in this video is their DL really gave us all we could handle. They constantly had multiple guys in our backfield and forced JT into some bad reads. Good news for us is their D had just shut down eventual national champ Ohio State, so they were already playing some of their best ball, while we improved drastically in both blocking and reading Ds by the end of the year. If we had played late in the season instead of game 4 I don't think it'd even be close.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I noticed the same thing as well. The speed difference he played with between the Uga and Fsu game compared to the Orange Bowl was unreal. That month off made a huge difference. Hopefully CPJ keeps him fresh the first 2 games and lets him go at ND.
Good observation. He was walking with a slight limp prior to getting some time off.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Good videos.

/

JeT took a lot of hits in this game and the other early games. He got out of bounds more later in the season. I would like to see Byerly in a couple of series in all games to keep the hits down on JeT. Let Byerly do some of those punishing QB runs. He is good at it, especially when we want to eat clock.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
VT will bring the pressure. It's what they always do. I think our improvement in blocking since then, if we do maintain it, will surprise them. But we will have to impove our pass pro or it will be another nail bighter. VT will make us throw the ball. Even late last year our pass pro was only ok IMO.

Our D might also have some say in if it will be a nail bighter or not.

slugboy

Staff member
Here you go:

Took out the black box and made the titles half the clip instead of a third. Also tried to give a little more time between plays

So many missed passing opportunities--just seeing so many passes that could have been caught.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Another thing I noticed in this video is their DL really gave us all we could handle. They constantly had multiple guys in our backfield and forced JT into some bad reads. Good news for us is their D had just shut down eventual national champ Ohio State, so they were already playing some of their best ball, while we improved drastically in both blocking and reading Ds by the end of the year. If we had played late in the season instead of game 4 I don't think it'd even be close.
Only they had just lost at home in week Two. Now, I think it made our win even more impressive as you know they were going out of their minds to avoid losing the first two home games of the year.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
JeT was much better at getting the pre-snap reads correct later in the year. VT attempted to confuse him with their defensive looks.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Originally from MI but now coach in Madison.

I should add if anyone has game requests, I've got some time before this season starts for another video
I would like to see the nc state game if you have time. I feel like we pretty much scored every possession against them

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Had forgotten how much VT blew us up. JT was running for his life the whole game.
He really was. The VT D line was shedding blocks faster than anyone and getting in his face quick. It's a miracle we were not taking sacks for 10 or 15 yards when we rolled out. Smelter bailed us out all game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He really was. The VT D line was shedding blocks faster than anyone and getting in his face quick. It's a miracle we were not taking sacks for 10 or 15 yards when we rolled out. Smelter bailed us out all game.
From VT and the Georgia game, Thomas takes abnormally deep drops and it gives his blockers fits trying to contain rushers crashing outside their blocking lanes and running past them. That resulted in those wild scrambles 15-20 yards behind the LOS.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see the nc state game if you have time. I feel like we pretty much scored every possession against them
NC State game our defense barely gave our offense a chance to do anything. They got too many TDs and short fields for the offense to be on the field much. Then when the offense got to play we'd score in just a few plays anyway.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think some of yall may be fluffing our success passing at the end of the year. It had a lot of room for improvement, even in the last 5 games of the season.