Film Room apcarrick's Georgia Tech Offense Videos Cut by Play

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's hard being gracious to the mutts. As great as the kick and pick were....I might rather have ended that game with a TD instead of the fumble on this drive. Too many idiot mutts think the better team lost due to bad luck. Imbeciles. (How's that for gracious?:ROFLMAO:)

"They can pucker up their rosy lips and kiss the bulldwags a$s."

Really good stuff.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey guys, I'm actually the author of these videos. I'm a HS football coach in WI who fell in love with this offense last year.

First thing, thanks for the videos. Just curious...do you run this offense at your school? Why or why not? (That is, if you don't mind sharing). In your opinion, how easy/difficult is this system to teach at the HS/college level vs. others? Thanks for any response...I'll hang up and listen.

apcarrick

Georgia Tech Fan
First thing, thanks for the videos. Just curious...do you run this offense at your school? Why or why not? (That is, if you don't mind sharing). In your opinion, how easy/difficult is this system to teach at the HS/college level vs. others? Thanks for any response...I'll hang up and listen.
I ran a variation of it last year. When I become an OC/HC I'll absolutely run it. I've been collecting resources for about the last year on coaching points/drills/installation/play calling. The primary reason is it allows you to have more blockers at the point of attack due to leaving 1 or 2 guys unblocked. Also, by having all the plays look similar, it forces defenses to respect every option.

The hardest part about the system is finding/training the QB... Without one, the offense doesn't work. They have to really focus on footwork, reads and decision making. Another benefit it you don't need giant offensive linemen to make it work.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I ran a variation of it last year. When I become an OC/HC I'll absolutely run it. I've been collecting resources for about the last year on coaching points/drills/installation/play calling.

thanks again. Do you think more HS coaches will follow suit after our NC this season?:)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Let me say again how much I appreciate these vids. What a great resource!

NCSt did better than most stopping our zone dive IMO. Let me clarify...our line got good push but they did a good job shedding blocks and making the tackle. We still got a consistent 3 yds most plays. But man we absolutely destroyed them with the veer and rocket tosses. Almost feel bad for their D :D

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Wonderful stuff, just wonderful.

I wonder if anyone else is struck by how much certain plays can look a lot like each other depending on the blocking scheme. A QB follow is usually pretty easy to identify and not mistake for a mid line option. Other times the inside veer, the option and the QB follow can look very similar. Zone dives can go between the tackles, right up the middle or bounce outside depending on how the blocking develops. These sometimes are almost indistinguishable, at first blush from an inside veer.

So admittedly I have not studied these in detail but it reinforces to me something I have pointed out before. CPJ says you have to commit to this offense for it to work. The value of one play, even if it is for little or no gain, is that it sets up the next play and the next. Sometimes the "payoff" is on the seventh play or the eleventh play. All because the plays look so much alike even as the blocking changes and the whole point of attack changes.

apcarrick

Georgia Tech Fan
Wonderful stuff, just wonderful.

I wonder if anyone else is struck by how much certain plays can look a lot like each other depending on the blocking scheme. A QB follow is usually pretty easy to identify and not mistake for a mid line option. Other times the inside veer, the option and the QB follow can look very similar. Zone dives can go between the tackles, right up the middle or bounce outside depending on how the blocking develops. These sometimes are almost indistinguishable, at first blush from an inside veer.

So admittedly I have not studied these in detail but it reinforces to me something I have pointed out before. CPJ says you have to commit to this offense for it to work. The value of one play, even if it is for little or no gain, is that it sets up the next play and the next. Sometimes the "payoff" is on the seventh play or the eleventh play. All because the plays look so much alike even as the blocking changes and the whole point of attack changes.
You hit the nail on the head. So many of the looks are designed to look exactly the same. It sometimes takes me several times to view a okay to determine what it is after checking out the blocking/ trying to see the qb's read

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Our Aback blocking in this game was outstanding. So was Devine pulling. The NC State corners didn't want any part of what was coming at them.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I loved the counter QB sweep we ran a bunch in the NC State game. Got JT out in space on the edge with some of his best blockers in front of him, usually with half the defense flowing away from him (counter on rocket toss maybe?). That play hit pretty big in this game and a couple others.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Took a little longer than I hoped, but here you go:

Where do you pull the video you use from? If you're able to get on Espn3 / WatchESPN they should still have the Orange Bowl live feed from the spider cam...would be very cool to see the offensive cut-ups from that angle.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
Took a little longer than I hoped, but here you go:

Great work on the videos! Watch Shamire play left guard the second half vs. NC State. When he makes contact with a defender, it's an automatic pancake. . . unfortunately, he was only making contact on 1/2 the plays

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Where do you pull the video you use from? If you're able to get on Espn3 / WatchESPN they should still have the Orange Bowl live feed from the spider cam...would be very cool to see the offensive cut-ups from that angle.
I love how we are all willing to make extra work for someone else.

This is a tedious act of love to slice these plays all together, sync everything up and correctly label everything. I could imagine this being a four or five step process for me to do it and the first two steps would take at least two weeks working hours on it every day. Who has that kind of time?

Thanks again!

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

This is a tedious act of love to slice these plays all together, sync everything up and correctly label everything. I could imagine this being a four or five step process for me to do it and the first two steps would take at least two weeks working hours on it every day. Who has that kind of time?

Thanks again!
I'm always willing to volunteer others for tedious tasks! I'm just thinking of the kids here, though...if he's a coach it could be a valuable teaching tool to have the chase cam view of these plays to get a better feel of what JT was seeing when he makes his reads and to really dissect the blocking.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I'm always willing to volunteer others for tedious tasks! I'm just thinking of the kids here, though...if he's a coach it could be a valuable teaching tool to have the chase cam view of these plays to get a better feel of what JT was seeing when he makes his reads and to really dissect the blocking.
I knew you were just being altruistic. :)

apcarrick

Georgia Tech Fan

Thanks again!
So it is a labor of love, but I've got a pretty good system down and can pump them out in a few hours if it has my undivided attention.

That being said, I rip the videos from YouTube, so if that spider camera angle is there, you can post it and I can start playing around with it

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
So it is a labor of love, but I've got a pretty good system down and can pump them out in a few hours if it has my undivided attention.

That being said, I rip the videos from YouTube, so if that spider camera angle is there, you can post it and I can start playing around with it

Do you have an account on TenYardTorrents.com? I am seeding it there. If not I can try uploading it to YouTube.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Do you have an account on TenYardTorrents.com? I am seeding it there. If not I can try uploading it to YouTube.
I've tried to get onto that site before but never been able to get an account (right now it says "account limit reached, no new accounts"). I'd love to see that video on YouTube if you can get it on there. Once it's on there, it should be pretty easy for someone to sync up the GT radio call of the Orange Bowl so we can get Brandon and Roddy on that vid. Again, here I am trying to create work for others :)

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
I've tried to get onto that site before but never been able to get an account (right now it says "account limit reached, no new accounts"). I'd love to see that video on YouTube if you can get it on there. Once it's on there, it should be pretty easy for someone to sync up the GT radio call of the Orange Bowl so we can get Brandon and Roddy on that vid. Again, here I am trying to create work for others :)
Ah, but the beauty of the skycam feed is no commentator track. You can hear the players trash talk to each other.