Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I wouldn't say that. Moncken would have taken the job then, but no one asked. There were other spread option coaches who would have jumped at the chance as well. There was plenty of interest in taking over from Paul among option coaches. The problem was that no one wanted to ask them if they were interested. Paul said when he retired that he thought he left the sinews of a 7 - 8 win team behind him. He was right, but none of the Big Donors™ wanted that team. Too bad.

So we got Collins, largely because not many people who ran a regular shotgun spread (the real high school offense) wanted the challenge. I'll give him good intentions; he wants to succeed and make Tech football work. He can't do either, as four years have shown.
I think CGC does have good intentions also. He was just in waaaay over his head since day one. However, I think the hiring of CGC is all TStan's responsibility, and he should be fired along with CGC. The hiring of the Football HC in most Power 5 schools is their most important one- beside places like Duke, Ky. , UNC. maybe UCLA. Collins did not have the pedigree to jump to HC of a Power 5 team, despite years as an assistant. His success at Temple was with Matt Ruhle's players, IMO.
Rip the Band Aid off and get on with it....

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I think CGC does have good intentions also. He was just in waaaay over his head since day one. However, I think the hiring of CGC is all TStan's responsibility, and he should be fired along with CGC. The hiring of the Football HC in most Power 5 schools is their most important one- beside places like Duke, Ky. , UNC. maybe UCLA. Collins did not have the pedigree to jump to HC of a Power 5 team, despite years as an assistant. His success at Temple was with Matt Ruhle's players, IMO.
Rip the Band Aid off and get on with it....

In way, way over his head.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Does it make any sense to fire a HC on Monday, a practice day? Unless already done but not announced, we have CGC for at least another week, IMO.

I think Monday is their off day. Collins said they practice Sunday and take Monday off in the post game I think.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Does it make any sense to fire a HC on Monday, a practice day? Unless already done but not announced, we have CGC for at least another week, IMO.
You make a valid point, but I’m not sure it matters if we made a FINANCIAL decision last year... and I think we did. If thats true, this is the horse we’re riding through November, regardless.
If we made football decision, believing CGC and the team was poised to exceed expectations and take a step forward, we will make a move after a loss to any of Pitt, Duke or UVA. There are no travel considerations after Pitt or duke and we have long weeks after Pitt and UVA.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If you want it done now instead of later this fall, pony up the difference in the money
Are you certain that Todd can’t raise that money through large donors like every other program? Do you think he was lying last year when he said he had the money to fire him and chose not to?

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Are you certain that Todd can’t raise that money through large donors like every other program? Do you think he was lying last year when he said he had the money to fire him and chose not to?

Don’t think he was lying. He just had him man. Now they’ll both sink together like the Titanic.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
The only way to keep the dwindling fan base even somewhat interested is to fire CGC now. Otherwise BDS will be empty and a mass exit through the transfer portal is coming.
That's gonna happen regardless the only way to save things now is with a hot name Prime Time Now what we need to do is hire good coaches around him

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Fire him at the end of this season. There's no saving this season and we often talk about the "donors" like some secret society oligarchs that will just swoop in and rain money... money is money and these are big bucks and if we can save a few mil, just do it after the ugag game. Yeah it'll suck for the next 2 months but we need to just deal with it... unless you're willing to pony up the big bucks... and let's be honest here. No one is... everyone is just looking to the donors to get it done.