Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
If no news comes today then likely collins is secure until the end of the season. There is a high probability either way if we keep or fire him that the season is finished .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
If no news comes today then likely collins is secure until the end of the season. There is a high probability either way if we keep or fire him that the season is finished .
This season was finished before it even began. It was finished last year when TStan "had his man".

The reason to fie him early is to try to salvage the better players and to hold the fan base. Otherwise, I concur there will be an exit of both either during or at the end of the season. I haven't attended a game in the last two years out of sheer disinterest and embarrassment (even though I renewed my season tickets both years). How interested do you think I will be at attend a game later this year or renew my tickets for next year if all we have is a dumpster fire and another retread coaching hire?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Make a change now and fans will be interested to see how the team responds to the change. Now there is absolutely no interest in whatever GC and his merry band of coaches can come up with. The players will play because they love the game but I doubt if we see any extra effort.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Lack of communication could mean they're working diligently on all the paperwork for firings as heads should be rolling all the way up the food chain. OR they may be doing absolutely nothing at all.

Leave it to Tech to give their fanbase a Schrödinger's cat puzzle...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Lot's of conflation there. He never said that.
Technically correct, but this was reported in the AJC:

"Stansbury did have at his disposal the resources to make a change had he decided it was necessary, according to a person familiar with the situation."

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Make a change now and fans will be interested to see how the team responds to the change. Now there is absolutely no interest in whatever GC and his merry band of coaches can come up with. The players will play because they love the game but I doubt if we see any extra effort.
I wonder if the transfer portal will provide some incentive for the players to play all out that maybe didn't exist before. Now that you can transfer and play immediately I would think you would want good film individually even if the team is tanking as a whole? Just a thought. We have seen players go into the portal and vanish.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Lack of communication could mean they're working diligently on all the paperwork for firings as heads should be rolling all the way up the food chain. OR they may be doing absolutely nothing at all.

While it could still happen, if he wasn't let go yesterday, I doubt it happens today or this week. Yesterday would've been the day to do it. Perhaps they are working on the AD situation first?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

We will have to wait for some sort of press conference announcement if immediate changes are coming. I am beginning to think he gets the rest of the season. TStan needs to put his own feelers out. His resume isn't that great right now either unless he wants to be an AD at a women's college.