Andrew Thacker

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
Getting a single nominee is not that big of an accomplishment.
Getting two nominees at two separate schools (Key) is kind of a big accomplishment.
Getting three nominees at three separate schools (Collins) is a great accomplishment.

Also, he was never one of 60. He was one of 34, 40, and 36 out of 1200-1300 assistants.
Seems like Geoff is probably a good DC, but he lacks the skills to be a good HC. Which might be true, not everybody excels at different positions.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Seems like Geoff is probably a good DC, but he lacks the skills to be a good HC. Which might be true, not everybody excels at different positions.

I mentioned somewhere else about wanting to have beers with Ralph to ask a few questions. In 10 years, I think it would be interesting to sit down with CGC and ask him this question...."if you could do it all over again, what would you change?". 10 years is a significant amount of time for this question and I would imagine (or hope) he did learn from this experience. If one wants to grow and change, reflecting on things that didn't turn out as planned is invaluable imo.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I mentioned somewhere else about wanting to have beers with Ralph to ask a few questions. In 10 years, I think it would be interesting to sit down with CGC and ask him this question...."if you could do it all over again, what would you change?". 10 years is a significant amount of time for this question and I would imagine (or hope) he did learn from this experience. If one wants to grow and change, reflecting on things that didn't turn out as planned is invaluable imo.
That would be very enlightening.

If he said "I was way off base. I got so caught up in being a P5 Head coach and all the money that I got narcissistic. The money was too good" then he'll be an adult.

If he said "I was THIS close! You guys didn't know what you had." Then we know that we never had a chance.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I would love to be in on that conversation. Would really enjoy his hindsight view.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Not enough people reflect back on their careers like this. I tend to like people who remember where they came from than those detached from their job/position. You could tell Ralph was developed professsionally with an intense and prolonged immersion in his craft along where he dissected and mastered fundamentals & possessed the personal skill to execute on an extraordinarily high level. These types of people are very rare.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not enough people reflect back on their careers like this. I tend to like people who remember where they came from than those detached from their job/position. You could tell Ralph was developed professsionally with an intense and prolonged immersion in his craft along where he dissected and mastered fundamentals & possessed the personal skill to execute on an extraordinarily high level. These types of people are very rare.
We missed a chance to hire him. He was never appreciated at Maryland like he should have been.