Andrew Thacker

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me, or is our defense playing like their hair is on fire after the HC change? I feel like I have been blaming Thacker for the poor defense, but I'm wondering now if CGC might have been the issue. Is it just me?
I must admit that I've been having similar thoughts. What was that quote..."eleven hateful guys playing fast" or something like that?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me, or is our defense playing like their hair is on fire after the HC change? I feel like I have been blaming Thacker for the poor defense, but I'm wondering now if CGC might have been the issue. Is it just me?
It's not just you. It's becoming obvious the one keeping the whole team down was Geoff. And I thought new assistants might fix this mess. That never had a chance.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Or is it that one person has lifted the morale of the whole team and staff? :unsure:
Very true - I won't pretend to know which it is but either way, I think CBK has earned an interview with serious consideration. In 1.5 games (so far), this has looked like a completely different team. The D has been outstanding! The O has been serviceable. And special teams has been solid.

It's fun to watch!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Our defense, when Thomas has been available, has been pretty good most of the year until getting worn down.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe a combination of all of the above and us not playing Clemson/Ole Miss caliber opponents.
What about UCF or all of last year? This team that we are seeing right now would not have been outscored by 200 points between ND, UGA, Clem, and Ole Miss. They are starting to have an identity, smash you in the face and run the ball. When in the last 4 years can we say our team has an offensive identity?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Still no killer instinct. Got to develop that. We need to knock these dudes out. You keep letting them hang around and you will live to regret it. I think this is something we have developed over the past several years and we are going to have to fight like hell to put it behind us and learn to kick the hell out of someone once you have them down. Other than that, it's damn nice to get a W.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Still no killer instinct. Got to develop that. We need to knock these dudes out. You keep letting them hang around and you will live to regret it. I think this is something we have developed over the past several years and we are going to have to fight like hell to put it behind us and learn to kick the hell out of someone once you have them down. Other than that, it's damn nice to get a W.
I’m not sure I agree with the lack of killer instinct on defense. I thought Thacker was pretty freaking aggressive with the defensive play calling and really tried to force the action rather than sit back and watch.

Long, on the other hand… I felt like he definitely took his foot off the gas too early.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure I agree with the lack of killer instinct on defense. I thought Thacker was pretty freaking aggressive with the defensive play calling and really tried to force the action rather than sit back and watch.

Long, on the other hand… I felt like he definitely took his foot off the gas too early.
He didn’t take his foot of the gas. Our OL is not very good.