All the way from Montana

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Varsity should be tried at least once by anyone visiting Atlanta or Athens. The Athens location has a photo hanging up when it was called the Yellow Jacket. Story is a man got turned down to go to school at Tech so he started a restaurant across the street. ESPN usually shows the Varsity at some point during a game and little about it.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some help, info, and ideas. My wife and I are coming to Atlanta Nov 21-26. We are big University of Montana Grizzly fans and football season ticket holders. The University of Montana (Kroy Biermann played here) is in Missoula, MT which is 350 miles from where we live in Billings, MT and we drive to most home games or at least half of them. They usually have between 6-7 each year. Our rival is montana state university which is in bozeman, MT and we play them ever year. In fact, this year will be the 119th game between the 2 schools and the first game was played in 1897. It called the Brawl of the Wild if you want to look it up. The game alternates every year between the schools as to where it is played and this year it is in bozeman. When the game is in bozeman, we will not go to bozeman so we take a trip to someplace we have never been, check out the history, entertainment, food, and college and professional teams from the area. This year the game is in bozeman and we have decided to come to Atlanta. I/We love college football (me more then her) and I noticed that you guys play NC State that Thursday night 11-21. I have already bought tickets and we are attending the game. We would love to experience Georgia Tech tailgating and anything anyone would recommend us to see on/at Georgia Tech. Also, we would love to go to the Atlanta Falcons game on the Sunday 11-24 vs the Buccaneers but i dont want to sit in the nose bleeds and I dont want to pay the high prices on line so if anyone has any ideas for my on that, that would be great. Looking forward to hearing from you all! Go Griz! and Go Jackets! (hopefully thats what you guys say)

I can't help you with a tailgate. I live in the midwest and don't get to any games myself.

However, I can help you with some game experience.

If we score a TD, you may hear some familiar music. So, you need to be clear of the words to the fight song:

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The Varsity should be tried at least once by anyone visiting Atlanta or Athens. The Athens location has a photo hanging up when it was called the Yellow Jacket. Story is a man got turned down to go to school at Tech so he started a restaurant across the street. ESPN usually shows the Varsity at some point during a game and little about it.

What is this "Athens" you mention?

Oh, wait, do you mean the open sewer ditch out near Watkinsville? (y)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
@griz.in.nzone: I tailgate about a block north of the stadium, right next to Yellow Jacket Alley (where the team walkthrough occurs, about two hours before game time), and less than 30 feet from where the Ramblin’ Wreck parks before the walkthrough. (You can’t come to a GT game and NOT get a picture of yourself in front of the Wreck...) Our spot is right in the heart of all the on-campus tailgating activities—and a short walk from all the fan-fest booths in Callaway Plaza, on the north side of the stadium. You are definitely welcome to join our tailgate.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I might get a lot of heat for this. Yes, The Varsity is historical and storied. Food is mediocre. If anything, it'll give you a heart attack. The orange icee drink everyone raves about is quite disgusting artificial mess.

griz.in.nzone

Georgia Tech Fan
@griz.in.nzone: I tailgate about a block north of the stadium, right next to Yellow Jacket Alley (where the team walkthrough occurs, about two hours before game time), and less than 30 feet from where the Ramblin’ Wreck parks before the walkthrough. (You can’t come to a GT game and NOT get a picture of yourself in front of the Wreck...) Our spot is right in the heart of all the on-campus tailgating activities—and a short walk from all the fan-fest booths in Callaway Plaza, on the north side of the stadium. You are definitely welcome to join our tailgate.
Thank you very much for the offer and we will be stopping by after our trip to the Varsity and the outhouse. I will PM you.

Animal02

Banned
Loved Juniors. If anyone knows a place that has chicken tenders like how Juniors did it, let me know!!! Man, I miss that place. Pippens Pizza? Prob before my time... and I consider myself old, LOL.
Was Juniors across North Ave or under the Tower? Pippens was across North Ave from the old AE building west of the Quad. It was next door to Spiro's/ Grumpys. Deep dish pizza.....not sure when those buildings were taken out.

griz.in.nzone

Georgia Tech Fan
Its me again. Wanted to let you guys know that we are looking forward to a great time in your city and for Thursday nights game. We have been invited to a couple of tailgate and we can hardly wait. My beloved Grizzlies have a 9-2 record and ranked #3 in the nation in FCS. This weekend they travel east over the continental divide to play their in state most heated rival bozeman state (msu bobcats) in the 119th Brawl of the Wild. The cats come into the game with a 8-3 record and ranked #8 in the nation in FCS. The Griz hold a series record of 72-40-5 over the cats. Here is the wikipedi if anyone is interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana–Montana_State_football_rivalry Wanted to say thanks for all the info that everyone has given me. We will see you guys Thursday night! Go Griz! FTC! Go Jackets! To Hell With Georgia!

griz.in.nzone

Georgia Tech Fan
You almost got it right, just make that g a lower case g and you'll be alright in my book.

Stop by and say hey in section 121, I'll be the tall gent.
My bad. I should have known. Notice I do not capitalize anything to do with bozeman or msu. lol We are sitting in Sec 124 so I will just start yelling "HEY" at all the tall guys. haha. Might be easier to see us since we will be the only people wearing Montana Griz clothing. Go Griz! FTC! Go Jackets! To Hell With georgia!

DirtyDingusMagee

Georgia Tech Fan
Its me again. Wanted to let you guys know that we are looking forward to a great time in your city and for Thursday nights game. We have been invited to a couple of tailgate and we can hardly wait. My beloved Grizzlies have a 9-2 record and ranked #3 in the nation in FCS. This weekend they travel east over the continental divide to play their in state most heated rival bozeman state (msu bobcats) in the 119th Brawl of the Wild. The cats come into the game with a 8-3 record and ranked #8 in the nation in FCS. The Griz hold a series record of 72-40-5 over the cats. Here is the wikipedi if anyone is interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana–Montana_State_football_rivalry Wanted to say thanks for all the info that everyone has given me. We will see you guys Thursday night! Go Griz! FTC! Go Jackets! To Hell With Georgia!

Have a great time...BDS is really unlike any other setting in CFB, especially at night.

BTW, the Griz are my favorite FCS team. I always follow them from afar. I love Missoula. I almost went to law school there. Is the Bayern brewery still open?

griz.in.nzone

Georgia Tech Fan
Have a great time...BDS is really unlike any other setting in CFB, especially at night.

BTW, the Griz are my favorite FCS team. I always follow them from afar. I love Missoula. I almost went to law school there. Is the Bayern brewery still open?
It is still open been there a couple of times. Great place.

griz.in.nzone

Georgia Tech Fan
Its been while since we visited your city but I just wanted to let you all know that we had a great time in Atlanta. My takes on you city...Thursday night we had a great time at the game. A special thanks to GTPdm for the tailgating along with the other people we met before the game and 85escape for the tickets. I had actually bought some but his were better. We loved the walk up and the band playing on the steps. Top it off, GT won so I am 1-0 at a GT game. Stone Mountain was a sight to see but that walk up to the top about killed this old, fat guy. Made it to Reformation Brewery and if you haven't tasted their beer I would highly recommend it! Our Griz game against our rival didn't go as planned (FTC) but we are still playing and in the quarterfinals Fri night vs Weber State on ESPN2 at 10pm your time. If you get a chance check out the Griz and #33 Dante Olson. This kid is a beast and will be playing in the NFL and should win the Buck Buchannan Award for the Nations top defensive player for our level and is one of the finalist for the Campbell Award. He is a LB 6'3" 240 lbs. Last year he had 151 tackles and this year so far is at 152 tackles which is 2nd most in all of college D1 football. We went to the College FB Hall of Fame, the Aquarium (my wife made me go), the Battery and toured Suntrust Park, took a 400 mile trip into the Appalachian Mountains to Dahlonega and Blue Ridge, Amicalola Falls, and Chickamaunga Battlefield. We ate at Antico (some of the best pizza I have ever had), Fox Bros, and the Yardhouse. Everybody we met was great to us and very friendly. The only real negative....TRAFFIC. Holy cow, how do you guys deal with that? lol. Thanks again to everyone for all your help and hospitality. Go Jackets! to hell with georgia! Go Griz! FTC!

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Its been while since we visited your city but I just wanted to let you all know that we had a great time in Atlanta. My takes on you city...Thursday night we had a great time at the game. A special thanks to GTPdm for the tailgating along with the other people we met before the game and 85escape for the tickets. I had actually bought some but his were better. We loved the walk up and the band playing on the steps. Top it off, GT won so I am 1-0 at a GT game. Stone Mountain was a sight to see but that walk up to the top about killed this old, fat guy. Made it to Reformation Brewery and if you haven't tasted their beer I would highly recommend it! Our Griz game against our rival didn't go as planned (FTC) but we are still playing and in the quarterfinals Fri night vs Weber State on ESPN2 at 10pm your time. If you get a chance check out the Griz and #33 Dante Olson. This kid is a beast and will be playing in the NFL and should win the Buck Buchannan Award for the Nations top defensive player for our level and is one of the finalist for the Campbell Award. He is a LB 6'3" 240 lbs. Last year he had 151 tackles and this year so far is at 152 tackles which is 2nd most in all of college D1 football. We went to the College FB Hall of Fame, the Aquarium (my wife made me go), the Battery and toured Suntrust Park, took a 400 mile trip into the Appalachian Mountains to Dahlonega and Blue Ridge, Amicalola Falls, and Chickamaunga Battlefield. We ate at Antico (some of the best pizza I have ever had), Fox Bros, and the Yardhouse. Everybody we met was great to us and very friendly. The only real negative....TRAFFIC. Holy cow, how do you guys deal with that? lol. Thanks again to everyone for all your help and hospitality. Go Jackets! to hell with georgia! Go Griz! FTC!
Shout out to GTPdm. He paid for me to go to the UGA game!

Gave me 2 tickets(couldn’t find a tech fan to go) and told me to sell the other one if I wanted. I walked about 50 feet and a guy offered me 40 bucks. Sold!

He also gave me a parking pass. I owe that man a few beers for sure. Can’t wait to tailgate with you in the future. Cheers!