All ACC Team Announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we have to get used to getting snubbed on D. Given his druthers, Woody would sub every other series and, once he gets the personnel, he will. Still, ASA should have gotten recognition. But I'm betting the pros are watching.

On O, we suffer again from being a system offense without a "feature" back or a QB who throws a lot. This doesn't bother me so much for the skill positions, but I think Cooper should have gotten at least 3rd team. Next year he will do better.

For Pressley, I think he's suffering from the underclassman's curse. You look at him and you can easily say, "Well, he's only a true sophomore. He'll be the same punter a year from now. He can wait." All true.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
https://augustafreepress.com/2018-all-acc-football-team-announced/

Pressley led the league in punting by 1 yard and net punting by 2 yards. Not sure how else they measure anything for that position and why he got 2nd team.

We finished in 4th place in the entire conference and only had Parker Braun (1st team) and Pressley Harvin (2nd team) awarded. Thats a bunch of BS. Something like 110 players received awards.

Horrid teams like Florida State and North Carolina each had 4 guys awarded.
Saint-Amour with nothing? Crazy....

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
ASA got snubbed for sure. He should have been 2nd team. Harvin should have been 1st, and Wells should have been an honorable mention. We spread things out too much for anyone else to make the list on offense, and our defense wasn't great this year. I think we could have some more guys next year as the defense improves (please) and hopefully we have Benson back healthy, and a QB that plays more consistently.

Deleted member 2897

ASA got snubbed for sure. He should have been 2nd team. Harvin should have been 1st, and Wells should have been an honorable mention. We spread things out too much for anyone else to make the list on offense, and our defense wasn't great this year. I think we could have some more guys next year as the defense improves (please) and hopefully we have Benson back healthy, and a QB that plays more consistently.

Our defense was adequate - I mean FSU and UNC guys made it, LOL. I think our bigger problem was the rotating of players so much. With the new system and so many young highly rated guys, it took us several games (or more) to narrow down the starters. We never ended up with guys with a large number of tackles or interceptions, etc. ASA was always around, that was just a snub. But its like people don't even research anything - why else did Wesley Wells get left off when he had a higher kick make rate - 46/46 when the 3rd team guy went 48/54. That's just silly. But we've seen that before - we've had guys with more yards and TDs and a higher per carry/catch average get left off. It is what it is. We also got picked to finish 11th in the ACC and finished 4th.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Our defense was adequate - I mean FSU and UNC guys made it, LOL. I think our bigger problem was the rotating of players so much. With the new system and so many young highly rated guys, it took us several games (or more) to narrow down the starters. We never ended up with guys with a large number of tackles or interceptions, etc. ASA was always around, that was just a snub. But its like people don't even research anything - why else did Wesley Wells get left off when he had a higher kick make rate - 46/46 when the 3rd team guy went 48/54. That's just silly. But we've seen that before - we've had guys with more yards and TDs and a higher per carry/catch average get left off. It is what it is. We also got picked to finish 11th in the ACC and finished 4th.
Yeah maybe the rotation of players did hurt. The only guys that may have deserved a look IMO (other than ASA obviously) where Malik or Tarik, otherwise we need to play a lot better on defense. I imagine next year Tarik and Jaunyeh will be on the list. They're ballers.

Deleted member 2897

Yeah maybe the rotation of players did hurt. The only guys that may have deserved a look IMO (other than ASA obviously) where Malik or Tarik, otherwise we need to play a lot better on defense. I imagine next year Tarik and Jaunyeh will be on the list. They're ballers.

Yea we rotated a lot of people. I mean Kaleb Oliver and Campbell also spent time at Safety this year too. CB we had Tre Swilling, Kerr, Lamont Simmons, Jay King, Zamari Walton, Askew...

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Yea we rotated a lot of people. I mean Kaleb Oliver and Campbell also spent time at Safety this year too. CB we had Tre Swilling, Kerr, Lamont Simmons, Jay King, Zamari Walton, Askew...
Remember this was the first year for the defensive coach new defense he knew he needed to see more players and what they could do. We ( the fans) were the ones who thought just because we had a new DC we would be better in the first year. The players had a lot to learn

LibertyTurns

Banned
So it's the same percentage...I'm guessing the fact that Harvin "only" punted 31 times actually hurt him.
He wasn’t even the starting punter for the Louisville game. I heard he was at Churchill Downs betting on horses instead. How can you be All Conference if you don’t even play in all the games?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't worry about this "all-ACC" team. Any "all" team that does not have Hunter Renfrow of Clemson on the first 11 is not "all" anything. And NC State doesn't win anything league-wise, and leads the "all" offensive team? What in the wide world of sports ...?

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I wouldn't worry about this "all-ACC" team. Any "all" team that does not have Hunter Renfrow of Clemson on the first 11 is not "all" anything. And NC State doesn't win anything league-wise, and leads the "all" offensive team? What in the wide world of sports ...?

Who would you replace with Renfrow? 472 yards and 1 TD isn't really an award-worthy stat line.